C3 Aircross handbrake

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

When I first test drive one and then when I took delivery of my C3 Aircross I thought how odd the handbrake lever was. However after owning it for 20 months and just clocked up 8000 miles I find it is perfectly natural to use. It was also useful the other day when some Muppet parked so close to me I couldn't open the door to get in. So entry thru the passenger was made and slide across the centre where the wide flat handbrake was so much easier to negotiate than a conventional lever.
But I see that the facelift model has a conventional lever.
Am I alone in liking it or do others find it ok. Any thoughts?
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

jakeg

Post by jakeg »

i like it, but the gf hates it as she's not strong enough to un-brake it when i've pulled it up tight [cant get the leverage that a normal pull handle has]
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Maybe that's one reason they changed it to conventional lever.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

My wife had the same problem until I explained that if she gripped the handle with all four fingers over the front, releasing the handbrake is not a problem.
All four fingers can release the catch easily.
TioTel

Post by TioTel »

My wife doesn't like our early C3 handbrake either, she complains it's awkward to use. Although I don't have a problem , it got me thinking that as it was designed prominently as a LHD car and most people are right handed the application wasn't difficult, however in RHD cars using the left hand for a mechanical operation could well prove awkward as the coordination with a weaker left hand for some is difficult to master.