Software update

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Tobysdad

Post by Tobysdad »

Hi everyone,

Bought diesel C3 Aircross flair model on 18 plate, MyCitroen app says there's a update for touchscreen, mentions using computer to download update on usb stick.

I dont have access to computer so asked Citroen dealers if they could do update, said they could but would charge £108 for doing so, is there a way round downloading update without a computer as only have a mobile for internet access. Many thanks indeed.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Ask a friend to put the app on their laptop.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

You could do but it would be fiddly and 90% of these changes don't really do that much.

You would have to get a USB 3 memory stick with normal USB plug one end and USB C the other. Plug the stick via the USB C into your phone. Download the patch onto the memory stick making sure you get it in the correct file names and such, then plug into the car.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Strange enough, my My Citroën app told me some time ago that there was an update. I didn't do it and now it says there isn't any update avaliable !
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Jay R wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm Strange enough, my My Citroën app told me some time ago that there was an update. I didn't do it and now it says there isn't any update avaliable !
If you snooze, you lose :lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
martyness

Post by martyness »

Funnily enough Citroen dealers will do it free of charge.

When my car was in at my local Citroen dealer so they could look at it's wobbly wing mirror they updated the touchscreen software while they were at it. Which explained why they took nearly a hour to do what was possibly a 10-15 minute job to look at the wing mirror.

Think your car has to be in for other work like a service for them to do it off their own back but they can do it for free.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts