C3 Aircross Cup Holders

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
PO6_Hawk

Post by PO6_Hawk »

Hi,
I've recently purchased a C3 Aircross and am very happy with it.
My only grumble are the cup holders in front of the gear stick. They are obviously far too shallow and as such round any bend/roundabout etc... anything other than a standard size can of drink tips over!
Any tips or ideas on what I can do or buy to assist?
Thanks, Matt

jakeg

Post by jakeg »

everything i've read says use the door pockets :-S
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

I never have drinks in my car. Ever since picking up a hot coffee and the lid came off :o
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Only have the front door pocket cup holders and the one at the back of the centre console on my C3 Aircross. The two front ones were replaced by the wireless phone charger pad. Part of the stereo upgrade and head up display.
Just carry water in my car at the back of the console.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
adam508

Post by adam508 »

My mum has the same issue, there’s a particular plumbing part you can use to make a DIY adaptation. I got the idea from: https://www.prettyhandygirl.com/auto-cu ... -extender/
I’d use something less permanent than hot glue, double sided tape is working fine. Just measure out the circumference of the shallow cup holders before you buy- try and find it in black too because the white looks a bit cheap, but mum is happy her coffee cup isn’t spilling everywhere!
Such a poor bit of design though, the cubby hole is deep enough for them to have designed a deeper attachment - they were set on the wireless charging pad and added this on as an afterthought I guess.
Hope this helps.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No, the wireless charging option is part of the techno pack and not standard equipment. So you either have cup holders at the front or a wireless charging unit , not both. They cannot be too deep because of the other wiring and equipment present.

I don't generally have any unsealed drinks anywhere in the front for obvious reasons - but use the door holders for drink flasks.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Yes I took the techno pack.
Have wireless charger, sub-woofer in boot and Head-up display.
There is still a single cup holder at rear of centre console plus the two front door buckets.
Since I had an accident with a hot cup of tea in another car I have open liquids in my car. Stop and get drink these days. C3 Aircross auto EAT6.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I have an iPhone holder in the rear gearbox binnacle cup holder - it fits in the round hole then you turn the dial and 4 bolsters expand to fill the gap and secure it. I currently have the front USB connection wired to the iPhone for CarPlay, so the phone sits in the holder facing the rear seats out of the way.

I'm currently working on installing a second USB port from the NAC Head Unit so I can have Carplay and a USB key to play all my music on another port. The Connected Nav systems support a second USB connection, but Citroen cutting costs again never bothered to provide the second port typically!

The only issue is locating a suitable place for the USB port. In light of what I just said concerning Citroen cutting costs - some of you may, like me, not have the glovebox lighting which along with the rear passenger arm rest cupholders were also cut out of the later models to save money. So I am contemplating using the hole where the glovebox lighting is to host the second USB port - if I can route it back from there to the rear of the Head Unit.

Waiting for good weather and the additional cable to arrive - then I'll document it with pictures.