C5 AIrcross Flair Plus - No Dashcam? Or is there.....

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
monkeymick

Post by monkeymick »

Hi

I've recently received my 2021 registered C5 Flair Plus, and struggling with the dashcam that's allegedly fitted.

I've installed the android app on my phone, but can't get it to connect via wifi following the instructions.

I've also checked the car itself, and I don't see anything that I'd consider to be a dashcam at all - obviously, there's the driving assist camera at the top of the windscreen, but that's it - no signs of anything else that could potentially be the dashcam.

Am I just being thick, or do some of the Flair Plus - despite the specs stating there's an integrated dashcam - just not have one?

Many thanks!

MM

martyness

Post by martyness »

Behind the rear view mirror is there a unit with 2 buttons and a micro usb connection? And also when you are in the car is there a WiFi connection called connectedCAM followed by 4 numbers?

If you can see all that then you have a dashcam fitted (believe it was standard on all models). The next question is on your phone is there any apps on it that use a VPN or are monitoring what you're doing as these will stop you from being able to connect to the dashcam.

From my own experience it is very frustrating trying to set it up. If however you get a micro usb cable you can connect it straight to your laptop to view what's on it.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
monkeymick

Post by monkeymick »

Hey Martyness

That's where I'm confused.. Theres no unit with buttons, or USB port and I don't get a WiFi connection when I try...
martyness

Post by martyness »

That's strange as the connected cam was standard across the range at launch.

The only thing I can think of is yours is a 21 plate and they started removing standard equipment from the 2020 range and making it optional extras instead.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Well I've just looked thru the C5 Citroen configuration site. On the 2021 models it gives the following
Sense ConnectedCAM is not fitted as standard and IS NOT an option.
C-Series ConnectedCAM is not fitted as standard but IS a £200 option
Sense and Sense plus ConnectedCAM is not fitted as standard but is a £200 option.
So there we go.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
martyness

Post by martyness »

The only confusion here is that they have a 2021 flair plus not the newer named models on the Citroen configuration tool.

However having had a look at other 2021 flair plus models it does appear that the ConnectedCAM was removed as a standard feature.
Darecki

Post by Darecki »

Hi there, connected cam was never a standard equipment, if you haven’t pay for it you don’t have it. I’m quite surprised that someone is buing the car not knowing it’s equipment.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Not surprised by that. I went to buy a car back in 2001. The salesman knew nothing about the cars engine of fitting. He told me that 90% buy a car cos it's blue or red and looks good. He had been a carpet salesman up to the week before. Judging by questions on forums about cars, model trains, cooking etc it doesn't surprise me in the least.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
martyness

Post by martyness »

Darecki the ConnectedCAM was standard equipment on the whole range at launch in the UK they even said so in press releases.

It's been after then that they have removed it as standard and moved it to optional extra.
srperry

Post by srperry »

martyness wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:53 pm Darecki the ConnectedCAM was standard equipment on the whole range at launch in the UK they even said so in press releases.

It's been after then that they have removed it as standard and moved it to optional extra.
It was certainly standard on my car (April 2019)...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience