C5 AIrcross Flair Plus - No Dashcam? Or is there.....

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

Darecki wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:03 pm Hi there, connected cam was never a standard equipment, if you haven’t pay for it you don’t have it. I’m quite surprised that someone is buing the car not knowing it’s equipment.
I ordered my Flair Plus in December 2018 - it was registered in February 2019 and was fitted with everything as standard apart from Nappa leather upholstery, grip control and black 19" alloys all of which were options.

Connected cam was standard and works fine thank you.

ATB

Mike.

BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

as above, wot he said :) 2020 Flair Plus
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Darecki

Post by Darecki »

Martynes, you’re right. My mistake. It was standard just at the beginning of sale this model. Citroen stopped it 2 around years ago. However, when you buying the car you’re checking it’s specs, right?
monkeymick

Post by monkeymick »

Thanks All... I think the thread demonstrates how confusing checking the actual specs can be!

I've got the car on lease, as I travel a lot for work.

When I considered the C5, I visited a dealer, test drove the Flair Plus and was impressed with its comfort and ease of driving, as well as the elevated driving position in comparison to my last car.
The salesman at the time went through all of the standard features and showed me how the ConnectedCam worked, as well as many of the other systems.

Time between the test drive and receiving my actual vehicle was only a matter of weeks. Seems the salesman either wasn't quite sure of what the standard options were, or the spec was changed in the meantime.

I suspect the former. No worries - I've the dashcam I had fitted to my previous vehicle that I'll fit now.

Again, many thanks - I appreciate the discussion!
SeaCrosser

Post by SeaCrosser »

FWIW- Mine's a Flair Plus Auto (12/19 reg) and I've got the dashcam. Whether I can connect it, that's another question!
1.6 PureTech 180 Auto Flair Plus in Volcano Red
KingStewy

Post by KingStewy »

I bought a New C5 Aircross Flair on 24th September 2021. As the dealer was in Derby and I live Durham first time I saw the car was the day I picked it up.
So the specification I expected was from Citroen downloads plus many views on YouTube. No one mentioned to me that my brand new model would not have the Dash Cam as shown on YouTube as standard and in down loads plus no spare wheel. This is the 5th Citroen I have bought in a row and the only one which has not had a full steel spare wheel as standard. Plus no proper hand book but you can download it as a PDF and print the 254 pages for free
So I feel robbed and certainly will be looking else where next time as there may be no steering wheel
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Few new cars have a spare wheel as standard now. It is usually a reasonable price when a factory order, but expensive if you try to get is fitted by a dealer. I got a space saver for my daughter's Captur from ebay for quite a good price, that may be the way to go.

Also you are not missing much with the camera. It is slow to download, the capacity is small and only gives ~90 minutes before it overwrites the earlist clips, there is no capacity to store a clip in the event of an incident and the speed info is always in kph. You are probably better off with a stand alone dashcam.
srperry

Post by srperry »

routemaster1 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:29 pm Few new cars have a spare wheel as standard now. It is usually a reasonable price when a factory order, but expensive if you try to get is fitted by a dealer. I got a space saver for my daughter's Captur from ebay for quite a good price, that may be the way to go.

Also you are not missing much with the camera. It is slow to download, the capacity is small and only gives ~90 minutes before it overwrites the earlist clips, there is no capacity to store a clip in the event of an incident and the speed info is always in kph. You are probably better off with a stand alone dashcam.
It's not true that there is no capacity to store a clip in the event of an incident - in fact that happens automatically. If you plug a computer into the camera, the download takes about 9 minutes for the whole contents.

It is true that the camera capacity is limited, but I'm sure that it stores much more than 90 minutes. The clips are 2 minutes long each as standard, and mine saves between 64 and 67 clips before overwriting. That's around 2hours in total. Also, permanent storage is activated if you long-press the button on the camera to take video.

It is a shame, however, that Citroen didn't allow Micr-SD Cards to be used though, that would have been much better, as they can easily be swapped out and larger capacities used. But it should be remebered though, that you do not need huge amounts of storage for safety incidents to be recorded, and that is after all what the camera is intended for.
Last edited by srperry on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Loads of information of fitting a aftermarket dash cams on early posts and on utube, the Nextbase gw range offer reasonable performance more so if you also fit rear cam on rear screen rather than the type that clips onto front cam. Halfords carry out installations so not a real problem if not into diy.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Here is the rub. A dash cam is as far as I am concerned only used for providing evidence of an accident or other situation. So in that case 90 secs is long enough. The one in my C3 MK3 hatchback when I had it did this if you were brought to a sudden halt. As said it will download to a laptop quickly.
As for a spare my C3 Aircross Flair Auto 2020 came with a space saver, my C3 MK3 hatchback had the dreaded gunk spray. I bought a full size spare for it. This I transferred to my Aircross when I bought it. Both were 17in rims
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars