C5 Aircross ConnectedCAM

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
jonpetern

Post by jonpetern »

Ok, still a newbie so excuse me if this is a silly question...

ConnectedCAM - C5... When I open the Android ConnectedCAM app, it asks me to head to settings and login in to my car's Connected CAM WI-FI. I enter the password (ConnectedCAM on mine, no digits necessary) which my phone joins successfully, however with no internet connection.

From here, I am supposed to be able to head back to the app and something else should happen, but it just sits there telling me to go to settings and login to the wi-fi. The app isn't requesting any other permissions so not sure what the problem is.

Additionally, the phone connecting to CC wi-fi automatically then means it is unable to do anything else, as I guess it is expecting some kind of data connection? Even if I manage to connect successfully to the CC wi-fi will it just be counterproductive due to my phone losing its data access?

I'm intrigued to know if anyone else has had the same problem(s)? TIA.
2020 C5 Aircross EAT 1.5 TDi Flair Plus - Volcanic Red - Pan Roof

schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

FWIW I don't enable the auto connect setting on the WIFi entry on my phone and manually connect when I need to.

But now that the novelty has worn off I never connect via the phone (too slow), the one time I needed to review some footage, I just plugged my laptop in via USB and downloaded that way (a lot faster)
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
martyness

Post by martyness »

What I found was if you have a VPN or any apps that monitor your phone then these need to be switched off before the app will let you use it (don't know if there are other apps that could also interfere with its use)

However I will also second using the usb cable as the WiFi connection isn't exactly stable or fast.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
SeaCrosser

Post by SeaCrosser »

Hi Jon
I've attempted to connect the app and as you say, it just sits there on the same page. I uninstalled and re-installed the app. I reset the camera but nothing changes. I did however find a mini-usb lead and connected the cam to a laptop. The recordings were all there from when I was trying to set it up.
Have you had any further success, since posting?
1.6 PureTech 180 Auto Flair Plus in Volcano Red
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The connected cam WiFi is very low strength. If you are doing this near your home then your home WiFi will swamp it.
So drive away from the house.
Once somewhere quiet. A park carpark will do.
With engine running, make sure camera is on red light.
On your phone go to settings, Network and Internet.
Touch this
On the WiFi page that opens, switch off WiFi and then switch it on again.
It will search for availableneteorks
It should come up with ConnectedCAMxxxx
(The xxxx is 4 numbers which are your cars ID.
Connect to this.
Once connected, open ConnectedCAM on your phone.
When it asks for password enter ConnectedCAMxxxx and it should connect.
I don't understand the lack of xxxx as your car could connect to any other C5 that was next to it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
martyness

Post by martyness »

The problem is once you connect to it for the first time you are prompted to change the WiFi password. This is what stops you from connecting to other people's connected cam.

However the main problem is that the initial setup and app are quite buggy to use, hence the stuck at the select WiFi page. It will work eventually but to be honest it's far easier and quicker just to use a usb cable and laptop.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

On the C3 MK3 hatchback I owned 2017 it prompted for change in password but it wasn't compulsory so I stayed with the original xxxx. It worked well but took an age to transfer to phone. Direct to laptop was best method.
Ajjon

Post by Ajjon »

I do not have ConnectedCam since it is not standard in Sweden but I'm thinking of to buy it (C5 Aircross 2019). Isn't it possible to store the pictures and films on the 16GB memory and download them when I can. I understand that I can only use one WiFi connection at the time (iPhone 12). I have a Wireless Apple CarPlay adapter (re-STREAM C2A,) installed and when using that I can not use the MyCitroën App, which seems to be buggy one, at the same time.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

My Citroen app transfers by Bluetooth.
ConnectedCAM transfers by its own WIFI network which doesn't have internet access.
The ConnectedCAM has its own mini usb port on the left-hand side.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

... and retro-fitting may not be an option if the existing wiring loom is not correct. Although it may also need configuring if it was possible to retrofit, I suggest you just get a dash cam instead which would be a lot less fiddling about. Many of these can already take stills at the press of a button if needed.