C5 Aircross - Touch Screen update

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Screen software update published

Software of the touch screen (42.03.33.42_NAC-r0).

Everyone is different but the 5.74Gb download took 8 hours. Transfer to the USB took 11 minutes; off to load to car now.

Loading onto car took about 30 minutes.

All ran smoothly
Last edited by JohnM52 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.

peter m

Post by peter m »

Just checked and mine says a software update so will probably do mine tomorrow.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
martyness

Post by martyness »

Yeah showed up for me via the Citroen update app on the laptop. However it once again didn't show on the mycitroen app, they really need to sort their servers out.

Anyway off to download and will install tomorrow morning.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Just had a look at Mycitroen App and there's a map update for my C3 Aircross. But the page is an endless list showing the same update over and over.
Mycitroen App updated on Friday to version 1.30.1

Screenshot_20210802-073833.png

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Forget that it's a cock up. This is before I owned the car and after scrolling down 100+ repeats of this one it started showing the one I did for 2021. That was also repeated for 100+ it then went in to tell me that there were no updates available at this time. Repeated yes you guessed 100+ times.
I have left a comment in the review section of the App on Playstore. They read the last one and correct the time diff on the update in April.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Sure enough check the Citroen update PC app and there are no updates for my car
martyness

Post by martyness »

Beanee687 that's because the update that's mentioned on here is for the C5 aircross.

The C3 aircross is on the wave 2 system which is why your software update numbers start with a 2X.XX.XX.XX
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Just as John M52 said.... but I had slightly faster download time..

2 hours to download to laptop , 10 mins to transfer to USB, and exactly 30 mins to upload to the car with engine running.
Relief, when the 'update successful' screen popped up !
Not sure what the firmware update actually does ?
You would think Citroen would have some release notes, identifying what's changed / improved etc, but too much to ask. ;)

Car was purchased in May 2021, and was just over a year old,never updated, even though it was owned by Citroen management !
I have now completed 2 firmware updates and 1 mapping update since purchase.

The Citroen software process from downloading to uploading success is dreadfully slow, but assume its worth keeping the system bang up to date !
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Bills_C5

Post by Bills_C5 »

Well so far this has been interesting, but thanks to the forum I did not feel alone. Just brought late 70 plate from dealer and app told me the nav and touch needed updating , you would think the dealer would do this.

Anyways I downloaded the program to my laptop and soon realised it was going to take 4 days to download. I abandoned and moved to a “better” internet .. 2 days … so again abandoned. I have a computer at a customer office, so I ran the update there .. it took 14 hours.

Now’s they trick, I copied the files to my cloud storage and then downloaded to my laptop. I then put the files in the downloads folder for the Citroen app making sure it was empty. Then I started the app on my laptop and it recognised all files and moved onto the format USB.

So here’s another part of the story, I realised I only had 16GB thumb drive, so yesterday evening I spent £5 with that popular online outfit and the new drive arrived before I had the files.

The USB was correctly setup and I’m writing this update between the touchscreen update and the mapping update. So far so good and the radio in the car has come back online.

Summary: the speed of the Citroen servers are slow although there seems to be a speed limit based on your internet speed, maybe it uses only a percentage of capacity. I was able to copy the files using my cloud storage in less than 3 hours, yet Citroen wanted to take 4 days. And yes I did try Citroen overnight first and the speed they was reporting was evident by the partial download the following day.

Follow instructions and use a quality USB3 pen drive.

C5 Air Cross