C5 Aircross Aircondition

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
efibau

Post by efibau »

Hello. I am about to order a new C5 Aircross shin diesel. Recently I read some posts in same group of israeli members who clame of not sufficiant power and cold in their car AC.(it is very hot these days in Israel , about 37-40 Celsius). Does someone here faced this problem?

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I lived in Kuwait and then Jeddah Saudi Arabia. My first car was a Buick Le-sabre with a 7.6 litre engine. The Aircon compressor was big. The secret was to get the car cool quickly and the MAX position with a window open helped with this. Max is an American term on C3 and C5 cars it's called LO. IN Saudi I had a Toyota Cressida which managed very well with the heat but the same initial method was used to cool.
On return to Europe in the mid 90s Aircon was becoming standard fit on virtually all cars whereas previously it was a luxury item. As the temp here is cooler the compressors tend to be smaller and apart than very hot days they cope well enough with our climate. The art is in the way you use it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Fastest way to cool the interior with any aircon is set it to LO as Beanee advises, but with windows shut and the system set to recirculate.
That’s how we used to test the aircon systems to achieve a set temp reduction within a set period.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

In hot countries the interior of the car is phew wow that's hot. You can't touch the steering wheel. So windows or doors open allows initial drop in temp. MAX on a yank tank set recirculation automatically.
As you say it best as it draws the cooled air back in and cools it again and again.
Last edited by Beanee687 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I know what you mean, when I lived abroad the steering wheels etc were too hot to touch.
RAF used to paint the roofs of the staff cars white, didn’t help much.
I still have the reflective screen protector I used in Spain, fitted inside, bit of a faf but helped no end in reducing interior temps.
Park in the shade!