C5 Aircross PHEV - Wiper blades

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
homestead72

Post by homestead72 »

Hi,

I am a new owner of a C5 Aircross PHEV which I am very pleased with.

One small niggle I have is that there appears to be a dodgy wiper blade on the driver side. One part of it smears a patch of water over the screen instead of wiping it. Does anyone know where I can source another?

Also, is there a knack to changing the wipers. The bonnet seems to get in the way of pulling them up??

Thanks

BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

When you have just switched the ignition off, pull the wiper stalk on steering column,
The 2 wiper blades should then go into service mode, i.e vertical on the screen allowing you to pull them away from the screen.
When you next start the car, pulling the wiper stalk will set them back in normal position.

I suggest you DO NOT try to pull blades away from the screen without them being in service mode first.

I really don't think you should be replacing wiper blades at your own cost on such a new car?
I had same issue many years ago on a C4 hatchback, where the blades smeared across the screen rather than clearlng /wiping away.
At the time the dealership had no problem replacing with a new pair, I think it would be worth asking?
Hope this helps.

Cheers
Steve
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi