speed camera alerts ( thought of the day)

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

Having previously had speed camera alerts for free, as part of a map upgrade on our old DS4, those days appear to have long gone with PSA :roll:
This was from Citroen too ..

Now with the C5 Aircross, even with their 'special offer' of £139 for 3 years ... I refuse to 'subscribe' and will use my eyes, common sense and my right foot to control my speed thank you.

Interestingly, today I got a Tom Tom email inviting me to update our much older, stand alone Tom Tom sat nav with speed camera for the princely sum of £19.99.. much more sensible in my view.
Less £20 for a year is more reasonable, if I needed the facility and it's Tom Tom too..

I spose this is 'progress' with all the tech stuff trying to exploit our hard earned dosh ( aka rip off)

Similarly, Microsoft continue to try and 'tempt me' to upgrade my computers email and office software... to a 365 subscription.
Erm... I have fully licenced, paid once only software, so I shall politely decline your 'special offer' too...

Unless the Tom Tom C5 Aircross subscription drops to a sensible price, I shall be doing without... ;)
Thought for the day..... If Tom Tom can do it so cheaply for their own system ........ hmmm ?
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Why not just use Google maps? Always free.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

No issue with the sat nav / maps, the car came with a free 3 year subscription to Tom Tom live traffic.

This is certainly a big improvement in mapping and detail compared to our previous Citroen DS4 system.
Ability to re-route around traffic ahead and roadworks and slowing traffic being identified in advance, are big improvements.
Live pump prices at fuel stations and weather are similarly welcome information.

No, my issue is solely around the fact that speed camera's / danger alerts, are 'extra' and subscription based.
This at a relatively high price given a normal Tom Tom product, even with PSA 'special offer'... no thanks Citroen..
I rest my case m'lud...
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi