Stationary or not stationary

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Hi one and all.
Ok I did the last firmware update sitting in my car for 40 mins on the drive with engine running as per the how to do it notes from Citroen.
Result was updated touchscreen but drop in overall mpg.
So this time I thought I'll go for a drive that way battery gets charged, mpg doesn't take a hit and touchscreen gets updated. BUT the how to do it notes state car must not be driven, in fact it says it twice.
So whose done the firmware update on the move.
Thinking about it it is changing firmware so it could cause a glitch and possibly cut something out.
I can understand that updating the NAV whilst moving would be ok but what do you think?
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I drove mine whilst update taking place but it was in pandemic which meant battery was a little low due to car not having a lot of use, so stop/start was not working.
I assume that's why they suggest not to drive car but remain stationary.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

It would be nice if Citroen told us what the updates actually achieve, I have done two so far, both maps and firmware, and have noticed nothing different.
Maps I can understand, but what has the firmware achieved? I still cannot permanently disable stop/start.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The instructions say to disable stop start.
The latest firmware corrects the time setting problem. After the previous update, when the clicks went forward this year, setting the clock to sync to GPS left it an hour slow. I commented Citroen page and they replied that the latest update addressed that glitch
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Beanee687 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:28 pm The instructions say to disable stop start.
The latest firmware corrects the time setting problem. After the previous update, when the clicks went forward this year, setting the clock to sync to GPS left it an hour slow. I commented Citroen page and they replied that the latest update addressed that glitch
I think he is wanting an update to allow permanently disablement of the stop/start system, not disabling stop/start to carry out an update. That isn't going to happen.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I meant that the how to do instructions say to manually stop the stop start operating so that battery terminal voltage stays high during the update.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Beanee687, this is covered more here... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=736 - I've done this a few times with no issues.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Ok I've performed the update. Sat stationary for it, from insertion.of the USB stick to being told to remove the stick 25 mins.
Have checked the time setting function and the click us now correct when synced to GPS.
Happy with the result.
The car did give a warning during the process self park fault so I glad was stationary just in case other warnings were generated whilst moving.
The range reading on the cluster didn't change but the mpg fell by 0.2.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

After I'd finished I then downloaded the map update for the Nav. Once that had finished it asked if I'd like a set of the instructions so I printed them out. They are later version than I have. It includes electric cars. On The first page under general instructions it says do not drive but later on the nav update section it say you can drive but under the electric car title. Oh well confused.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Today as the sun was shining I decided to up date the nav map on my C3 Aircross. I had downloaded the update onto my 16GB USB3 stick yesterday after doing the touch panel firmware update.
Got in car started engine, disabled stop start and inserted stick. Followed instructions on screen and decided to go for a drive. While the update was being loaded I got from home to Hogs Back turn off from Farnham bypass. System rebooted and pulled out stick. Everything came up and used the nav to get me home. Update took 40mins.
At the end of the journey, which is the longest I've been on since march 2020 thanks to covid restrictions, I looked on Mycitroen App, it showed two journeys, one whilst updating and the other after reboot the
1st shows 28 miles 46 mins 51mpg.
2nd shows 37 miles 37mins 54.6mpg.
Really happy with that remember it's an automatic. The roads were fairly quiet and the return was mostly A3. Cruise control set at 69. Comfy ride love this car