Updating vehicle from my Citroen app

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
aircrossgran

Post by aircrossgran »

My app tells me there are two updates for my car. Up to now the dealer has done the updates. But now I have to do them for myself and I am wary.
I have read the car has to be turned on but not driven. My dealer recommends doing this on my drive, but I don't have a drive. They then told me to park it on the road and sit in it while it updates.
I have read on some Citroen sites that it's not always necessary to not drive the car while updates are being done so can someone give me some advise?

the2ems

Post by the2ems »

I just sit in the car on the roadside. The engine needs to be running.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I did the screen update sitting in stationary car, but map update took longer so did it when going for a 30-40 min run.
If you use a newer usb 3 flash drive it is upto 10 times faster than usb 2 flash drive.
If you search there are some earlier posts about how to prepare,download and place files on drive.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi aircrossgran, I've done the touchscreen update twice whilst driving the car, which took around 20-25 mins each time. Make sure you turn start/stop off first and set the heating/aircon to how you like it. Whilst it was updating I had no heating controls, no radio, no satnav, no parking sensors and no reversing camera (and probably other things too), but other than that it was fine! Mine's an auto so I've got no idea what would happen if the engine stalls... When it's finished just remove the USB stick and restart. Having said that, it would be nice to know what's changed, as nothing seems to improve and I wonder whether it's worth the long download & transfer times for no apparent benefit :?
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I did the last software update but parked up. Mine automatic too. Everything worked but when clocks went forward the time got messed up and I had to fudge it. At the same time Mycitroen App got updated. I complained about it on the feedback page in Playstore and was rewarded with a reply from the development team saying to perform the latest software update as this will fix the time problem. I've downloaded it to my USB stick but still have to load it. Will go for a drive to do that.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
aircrossgran

Post by aircrossgran »

Thank you all for your advice, I will download the updates and update my vehicle.
aircrossgran

Post by aircrossgran »

I am still struggling to work out how these updates work. I have followed the instruction on General procedure for updating NAC firmware but when it comes to the license i have no idea where to find it. Can someone help please.
Thank you
Korber

Post by Korber »

Make sure that the car is connected to the internet (either through your tethered smartphone or the cars modem if SOS button exists). When you insert the USB stick with the firmware update the license file will be downloaded automatically.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
aircrossgran

Post by aircrossgran »

Thank you. When the snow and ice has gone and I can get my car out of the garage I will try it.