C5 Aircross Hybrid 225 Towing Weights

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
olliewills

Post by olliewills »

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and although I don't own a C5A as yet, I've interested in one! I'm hoping that someone here will be able to give me a straight answer with regards to towing with the Hybrid. Basically, what I need to know is, is the Hybrid version homologated for towing and if so, going by the handbook can it tow an unbraked trailer and up to what maximum mass?

I tried to ask this question to citroen via their website and the dealer I was put in touch with basically just said "Oh I imagine it would do that with ease" which isn't exactly a specific answer.... I've tried looked at the specs on the website but they're all over the place:

1. The UK website lists 1300kg braked for the hybrid but nothing for unbraked or towball load
2. The UK website lists 65kg towball load for the 130 petrol but nothing for braked/unbraked mass
3. The French website lists nothing at all for the hybrid except kerb weight
4. The French website lists 750kg unbraked and 1500kg braked for the 180 petrol but nothing for towball load

Really all I want it for someone with the hybrid model to open their owners manual to the towing page and read what it says in the table of weights!

As an aside, I notice the C3A recently got a facelift and I'm wondering if the C5A will also be getting one soon, and should I wait for that to arrive before i order?

Thanks all!

Ollie

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

This is from the C5 Aircross manual found here see link below..
Go to the site and on index page that opens touch top right to get language drop down. Touch UK then touch C5 Aircross. Touch icon with right-hand drive. On left scroll down to index. Go to T and touch tow weight hybrid.

https://service.citroen.com/ACddb/?fbcl ... KM02OaKiNU

Screenshot_20210326-231803.png

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
olliewills

Post by olliewills »

Beanee687 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:25 pm This is from the C5 Aircross manual
You sir are a legend! Just what I needed and has very nearly sold me on a C5A! it's between this and a RAV4 right now...

I do wonder why the dealer couldn't have just done that though!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Glad to be of assistance. I've used that web site to find info of different models in the past..
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars