USB Connection

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Murraymc227

Post by Murraymc227 »

I just picked up my new C5 Aircross last week. The iPod Classic that I used on my previous C4 Picasso does not work on the C5. I have contacted Citroen and they can't tell me which model/generation of iPod or other device will work on my C5! I don't have an iPhone. The handbook is no use either as that doesn't give any guidance on this problem. I don't want to use the auxiliary connection as, in my experience, the song listings/info do not appear on the in-car screen - I would have to change tracks on the device itself. I want to know how I can use a device through the USB connection so that all info will appear on the screen. Any ideas anybody?

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

My music is loaded onto mini usb stick from.my laptop. The infotainment system on my C3 Aircross displays the album lists and s picture of the album cover.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

As does mine.
I am not coversant with your iPod classic, does it have Bluetooth?, my wife connects her iPod using that method.
ajcampos

Post by ajcampos »

A few days ago I bought a C5 Aircross from December 2020. Made an upgrade of the display software and maps today. I think I have a similar situation.

An USB stick with several MP3 files plays well, but on the screen it only appears the song title, not the artist. The same occurred on my previous car, an Opel Crossland X and I edited the tags of the MP3 files to have the "Title" and "Artist" fields filled with the correct info and it then appeared in the Opel display. Now, in the C5 Aircross, the same stick with those edited MP3 files it doesn't show up the Artist. Thinking that the software could be reading some other tags of MP3, I edited several of those tags, putting some characters to try to see which ones were read. However, the display still show only the song title.

If I choose the "folder" option on the display, I can see the complete name of the files, for example: "Avicii ft Aloe Blacc SOS-remix.mp3". But all other options (Genre, Album, Artist) show exactly the same - song titles only. In the example shown, I see "SOS-remix".

Is this a bug, or is this the way it works? If it's the last, I think it's a bad software.

I have contacted the Citroen client support in Portugal (where I live) and they told me they can't help because there's no details about this on the manual. They even told me to contact TOMTOM, has they are the provider of the software... but I doubt, TOMTOM only works with navigation software, not multimedia, right?

Any more information about this?
martyness

Post by martyness »

I would say it's a bug in the software and will most likely be the same across ds, Peugeot and vauxhall cars too.

You are however right it's nothing to do with TomTom as they just provide the maps. The issue is with Stellantis's software coding.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I use a usb cable and android auto with Omnia music app on my phone works perfectly.

Screenshot_20210729-194755.png

C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Earlier photo was from phone this is how it shows on screen.

IMG_20210729_202106.jpg

martyness

Post by martyness »

Yeah but that's through android auto which is fully compatible plug and play with the cars touchscreen.

It has been known that certain generations of iPods aren't compatible with the NAC system. While if you use a usb stick with songs loaded onto it you are completely reliant on the data being complete and then picked up correctly by the software.
martyness

Post by martyness »

I would however agree that using android auto if possible is the better way to interact with the touchscreen.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

The only thing i can suggest is for people to download music from same source so that you can then prove its the citroen system not the edition/model of ipod.