My Citroen App

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
gerbil40

Post by gerbil40 »

Am i not doing something ? Everytime i get in car with my i phone ‘ a message says Citroen app would like to communicate with your vehicle . It was working for a few weeks when i first downloaded it . Hasnt worked since . I have deleted app ‘ reinstalled it . Updated it . But it still refuses to update milage ‘ fuel consumption etc . However the car location finder still works .
How do i give permission to app to communicate with vehicle . The correct VIN number is displayed on app .
Will it ever work . I thought after recent update it msy ‘ but no . Any suggestions please .
Citroen C3 Aircross Flair 2020 ( Manual ) 110ps Platinum Grey/ Black roof

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Mine does that all the time, then it suddenly pops up with a load of “new journeys”, last week was 14 of them.
It also doesn’t seem to stay up to date with servicing, had mine done on 25th Feb (£300), only took them 38 minutes, got the whole process on my dashcam, but still telling me I need a service.
Korber

Post by Korber »

Seems to be a problem with the ios version of the app. Does not work since the last 2 updates (1.28 and 1.28.1). Asks to connect with the car but it does not transfer any data to the phone, trips, fuel etc.
Unfortunately you cant roll back (easily) to a previous version with the iphone.
So, lets wait and hope...
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

My phone is an Android and the app works every trip. No problem after latest update to car and app.
On other forums there are complaints about I phone and Mycitroen App
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I am considering deleting it altogether, I don’t mind having fuel consumption figures available, but I question the need for any foreign motor manufacturer to know my every movement.
JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

Mine works a bit like Hiboost, couple of days later the journeys show up on my IPhone when connecting to car.

If I want to check a journey or two and app doesn’t show on phone...this is what works for me - disconnecting usb, switch on or off Bluetooth on app. Then reconnect Bluetooth and usb and seconds later the journey (s) appear.

A bit of a faf sometimes!

In settings on phone I have ‘connect whilst using app’ set to on.
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
srperry

Post by srperry »

Beanee687 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:00 am My phone is an Android and the app works every trip. No problem after latest update to car and app.
On other forums there are complaints about I phone and Mycitroen App
You're lucky - I too use an Android phone and cannot agree. I'm lucky if the App records 60% 0f trips - often it records the journey back but not the outgoing one! It also appears to connect to the App sporadically, even though the car and phone connect every time for phone and data (email, texts, etc.).

It used to be a great App, now I would say it's less than average. I use it to record mileage for business, but it's unreliable so I have to note journeys in my diary, which is far from convenient.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The one time I had a problem, I told the car to forget the phone Bluetooth and the phone to forget the car. Under app info, press and hold app symbol till new tile appears touch App Info. THEN force stop. Yes.

Reboot phone and once on line, ensure Bluetooth ON then pair phone and car.
Restart My Citroen App.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
srperry

Post by srperry »

@Beanee687 - I do that sometimes 3 times a week; it doesn't make any difference. Sometimes the car sends data to the phone, sometimes it doesn't. Often when it does, there are missing journeys as I said previously. Thanks for trying to help, though. :)
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Finally lost patience, deleted the whole thing.