Grip control switches

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

My reply has appeared out of date sequence, so you may have missed it.

“ This allows the wheel with the most traction to maintain a good grip whilst allowing the other wheel to spin to gain traction.”

No it doesn’t.....

The problem is that what you said was incorrect, it does the exact opposite by braking the spinning wheel, and shifting traction to the non spinning wheel.

Unless of course your particular vehicle is equipped with a differential that is yet to be developed....

I like Michelin tyres BTW, but they they are not much good spinning uselessly.

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

No what I said was correct - I didn't miss anything. In 'Sand Mode' the system allows some slip in both wheels to prevent the car getting bogged down - all done by controlled engine torque and braking.

I'll state it again:

"Sand mode allows slight wheel slip on both drive wheels simultaneously, to allow the vehicle to make headway and reduce the risk of getting stuck in the sand. Here again, the control provided by this mode is superior to that of a limited slip differential (LSD)"
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I’m beginning to enjoy myself now.

Two statements, both different, you have gone from spinning a wheel to gain traction to allowing slight wheel slip on both wheels, a completely different state of affairs.

Firstly...

“ This allows the wheel with the most traction to maintain a good grip whilst allowing the other wheel to spin to gain traction.”

Followed by..

"Sand mode allows slight wheel slip on both drive wheels simultaneously, to allow the vehicle to make headway and reduce the risk of getting stuck in the sand. Here again, the control provided by this mode is superior to that of a limited slip differential (LSD)"

The first statement that I took issue with was obviously wrong, yet unable to accept that you had made a mistake you have tried to waffle your way out of the situation and then cover your error with a correct extract from the handbook.

When you’re in a hole, stop digging.
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

I'm not going to engage you further on this - you obviously have an agenda and trolling others is not something I am going to engage in.

I have provided information from PSA (multiple sources) and videos on how the system operates and that should be plain enough for most to see how the system works.

As much as I enjoy participating on the Forum, I won't be trolled by anyone, so have decided to remove myself from the Forum for my own well being.

I've enjoyed participating with the majority of members here and helping out where I could, but mental well being is far more important.

Best wishes to all :)

Chili
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

People join forums to gain information and to share it, it is normally an enjoyable process.

It is important that the information shared is as accurate as possible, pointing out an error in a post, with good intentions, is not trolling.

I cannot understand inability to accept when one is wrong.

What a shame...