Fuel consumption

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Agreed, Yes I have the Climate on Auto at a comfortable 21-22, as I like to make sure the system is used regularly to keep the A/C seals in good order.

I did read your post on the other thread about not relying on the computer readings for MPG - which is what I have used here. I've never really gone down the road of driving the tank from full to empty either, as I can't see that being very accurate either as you'll never get to the same amount of fuel left in the tank each time before you fill it up - secondly I'm not wanting to tempt fate with picking up any crap at the bottom of the tank (although there shouldn't be yet).

We've not really been anywhere of any great distance, so that figure is just on 6, 13 & 18 mile round trips, so hasn't had a chance to get a good stretch, so perhaps I should wait a bit. Also, I forgot that 50 minutes of that was doing a flipping map update at idle! :roll:

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

“Hmmm well I don't use the App, but I'm not very impressed so far. With my previous 138 BHP C5 I was getting a guaranteed 43MPH and it is 1:10 hills were I live in the Country, no motorways, no dual carriageways, so just windy country roads”

As fast as that??

Seriously, I am interested because my previous car was a C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi, I used to average high 50’s sometimes 60 on a run and 45 mpg locally, so I am far from unhappy with the 1.2 petrol, however it does not have anything like the grunt of the 4 cylinder diesel, and the Rev limiter has commented that I drive more slowly ...
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Oops! should of read MPG - I'll correct that now! - Thanks.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I guessed you did ..
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Just a thought, has anyone compared the mpg figure obtained from the app and compared it to the trip computer mileage?

Also, I have been thinking about the figure ChiliPepper is getting. I know it's cold and diesels are not keen on the cold (it was common for people to buy snowshields to restrict cooling, but it doesn't seem to happen now), but 45-47mpg seems low. I live in an area with no local dual carriageways within my very restricted Covid radius, and my petrol C3 is giving a reading of 48mpg. Perhaps the figure is down to driving style, or that cold weather affects the first 2-3 miles disproportionately for a diesel.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

When you calculate fuel consumption by “brimming” the tank there is no need to drive until empty, you simply brim it at the next fill and use the mileage you have driven to calculate consumption.
Cold air is better for internal combustion engines, it makes it denser, the exact reason many manufacturers fit charge coolers and inter coolers to their vehicles as standard.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Ok I am a sad bloke. I keep a spreadsheet of my mpg. Remember my car is a C3 Aircross 1.2 130 bhp EAT6 Automatic gearbox. I am not pussy-footed driving is fun and for enjoyment.
So each time I fill up I enter the distance since last fill, indicated mpg, calculated mpg, average mph, amount put in and price.
From the MyCitroen app I put in the overall average mph and the average for the month.
So what does it say.
Last fill 1 Feb 21. Previous 29 Dec 21
34 days between
Distance 244 mile
33 litre
7.26 gal
Calculated mpg 33.6
Car indicated mpg 36.10
Mycitroen avg since installed mpg 40.2
Mycitroen avg for the month Jan 37.1
So the diff between cal and Mycitroen for month is 3.5 mpg.
Highest calculated during year if ownership is 37.41and highest Ind is 39.1.
Where the MyCitroen app is useful is it's record of individual journeys.
Yesterday I took a friend to get their covid jab.
Going
9.4 miles
17 mins
32.7 mph
41.5 mpg

Return
9.5 miles
16 mins
34.2 mph
47 mpg

As I said I am sad.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

No, just meticulous....
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

That bouyed me up thanks
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

If a jobs worth going, it’s worth doing well ...