C3 Aircross Wave 2 Map Updates

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Hiboost wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:05 pm I still haven’t managed to download it, will try again tomorrow, I’m using a Mac, don’t know if that makes any difference. Used the Mac link. Fibre broadband, so it’s not the connection.
I use a Mac too. It’s straight forward. The only problem I had was transferring to the usb. I’m using 32gb, but got a write error saying not enough space, even though it tells you that it has formatted the drive. So I opened disc utility, and erased, formatting to MS-DOS (FAT) and it worked fine. Took just over half an hour. Not tried it in the car yet.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic

Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I’ve sorted it, I run my iMac using an external SSD connected via a Thunderbolt connection, super fast, but the Citroen app thought I was downloading direct to a USB, reconfigured so I’m running on the old fusion drive and it’s downloading.
Boundless joy.
srperry

Post by srperry »

I think you'll find it's when you install to the car you can choose which countries you wish to update...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

There is no country selection on this system (Wave2) for the C3 Aircross it is just the complete European map that is the only option in the UK.

Your C5 Aircross will be a Wave 3 system so not the same.
srperry

Post by srperry »

ChiliPepper wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:21 am There is no country selection on this system (Wave2) for the C3 Aircross it is just the complete European map that is the only option in the UK.

Your C5 Aircross will be a Wave 3 system so not the same.
Oh, I didn't realise the systems were that different... Thanks for your update.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Mine did the mapping followed with a firmware update, hour and a half!!
peter m

Post by peter m »

Did my map update today all went ok , took 40 mins to update , will see if I notice anything new.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Well if it's anything like where I am - it should show a few missing roads that've been waiting on for a few years! :lol:
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

the2ems wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:00 am
Hiboost wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:05 pm I still haven’t managed to download it, will try again tomorrow, I’m using a Mac, don’t know if that makes any difference. Used the Mac link. Fibre broadband, so it’s not the connection.
I use a Mac too. It’s straight forward. The only problem I had was transferring to the usb. I’m using 32gb, but got a write error saying not enough space, even though it tells you that it has formatted the drive. So I opened disc utility, and erased, formatting to MS-DOS (FAT) and it worked fine. Took just over half an hour. Not tried it in the car yet.
Just installed to the car, without incident. Took 43 minutes, map only. Much more straightforward than when I updated my Cactus.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic