Radio problems

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Paperpumpkin

Post by Paperpumpkin »

Hello, wonder if anyone can help me? Over the last few days my radio has been behaving as though there's very poor signal. Crackly, volume changing etc. I've fiddled, and long story short, when i scan for stations, very few are appearing. When I touch the presets, i'm getting "lost station" messages and poor signal. When i go into the menu which should, i think, show all the available stations, I'm getting just 1 station in each. I think previously i was using DAB as i was getting song/programme info. But not just 1 station appearing there, and only 1 in FM as well. Previously I could scan for stations and all the expected ones would appear. No idea what to do with this! I'm currently downloading a software update to install....but weird that it's suddenly gone wrong after 6 months of owning the car. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

My first thoughts are the aerial. Specifically the base unit on the roof. Water ingress there can get into the base of the unit and cause issues.

Have you recently used a car wash? Those are not good as you have to unscrew the aerial before use.
Paperpumpkin

Post by Paperpumpkin »

That's interesting. I'd actually looked to check the aerial was still attached, as it seemed like I wasn't getting any signal! I've not used a car wash but we've had really heavy rain. Maybe it will dry out over time.?
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Is the car still under warranty?
Paperpumpkin

Post by Paperpumpkin »

Yes it is still under warranty. I’m trying to eliminate the obvious before I contact the dealership. But interesting if there may be water ingress near the aerial.
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

It's just one possibility. There are 4 types of aerial antennas available - each depending on the type of Head Unit option you have in the vehicle and even more variants of the aerial base - again depending on equipment fitted.
C3AC Aerial.PNG
As you can see, it won't take much for the water to enter via the aerial base if the seal has a gap in it, then trickle down the wires into the connectors / board shown here with the headlining removed.

If you have Connected Nav navigation, are you getting good satellite coverage?

This is only one likely area, it could also mean the connector is lose at the back of the Head Unit, or the tuning unit is faulty - but in either case, if your car is under warranty, I wouldn't do any DIY investigative work or they can decline to repair it. Let them do the fault finding for you.
Paperpumpkin

Post by Paperpumpkin »

I tried again today and got a full list of DAB stations, then 2 minutes later the list was empty, with only the one that was playing appearing. I've taken photos which should help the dealership. Just a challenge taking the car in, but need to get it diagnosed. I'd hoped it was something simple i was doing wrong.