Connected cam

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Confused about my c3 aircross flair which was registered march 20, I obviously haven't used car much since purchasing it in December (just click & collect) but read somewhere that "connected cam" was standard on the flair.
So having read that the cam was behind interior mirror I headed into garage to look for relevant buttons. My cam wasn't what I expected, the "block" behind mirror was twice the size for a start and no buttons ? i have lane monitoring, auto lights etc so my question what does this block do if no cam ?
Thanks
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Connected Cam was NEVER fitted to the C3 Aircross. The camera that is there is for Lane Departure, road sign recognition and collision alert.

The connected cam was pretty useless by all accounts and was fitted to the later C3s but never the Aircross.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Thanks ChiliPepper for clearing that up, cannot see me paying for speed recognition with i suspect car being in garage for next few mths.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Speed recognition is standard in the Flair not a pay for extra. I was to say the least that surprised that the C3 Aircross didn't have ConnectedCAM, as it was on my C3 MK3 Flair. Yes many have problems but mine worked properly straight out of the box. It came in very useful for providing evidence in court. The C5 Aircross has it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

I have to say that after 53 years of driving, speed recognition is the most useless gadget I have ever seen on a car. Particularly when the read the long disclaimer in the drivers handbook. What were Citroen thinking of when they fitted that?
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

I suspect the speed recognition is a "free" addon to lane assist, if so then why not?
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

I think I would have preferred a dash cam of some sorts, perhaps I may look into Halford who charge £35 to fit, although on reading to piggyback a fuse in glovebox seems pretty straightforward and to fit cam in corner passenger side.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Speed recognition works in conjunction with the cruise/limit system. When the sensor sees a limit sign and you have either of the modes engaged, pressing the mem button on the cruise control stalk twice will make that the new speed.
Last edited by Beanee687 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Personally speaking, I find the speed limit sign recognition and recommendation feature one of the most useful and I use it constantly. Having said that, I should mention that it works much better if you have the Techno Pack option which has the Head Up Display.

The road signs change instantly you enter a new speed limit on the HUD and 2 presses on the cruise stalk, one to accept and one to confirm the speed limit is all that is required - without taking your eyes off the road. I now find that once the cruise is active, I am now starting to do this as soon as a new speed sign comes up. That, and the fact that the cruise now no longer disengages when changing gear on a manual is great.

If you live anywhere like I do in the rural countryside, the speed restriction change very frequently from 60 to 30 to 60 to 40 etc., and with a lot of mobile speed cameras out, it's so easy to get caught inadvertently if you miss the sign. At least a quick look on the HUD will tell you the current speed limit if you forget or didn't see it and saves having to count telegraph poles and the like!

Back on topic with the Connected Cam. I know loads of people that had this and never bothered with it due to issues. Most preferred to have their own dash cam fitted. There are issues with connectivity, blank screens, phone compatibility issues etc., some documented on this Forum:

viewtopic.php?t=306
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Beanee687 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:46 am Speed recognition works in conjunction with the cruise/limit system. When the sensor sees s limit sign and you have either of the modes engaged, pressing the mem button on the cruise control stalk twice will make that the new speed.
I have to press 3 times.

Edit. Strangely it only took two presses today :shock:
Last edited by the2ems on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic