First service and warranty jobs.

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
russbif

Post by russbif »

Question for chilipepper, re:-

It's one of the main reasons that put me off getting a petrol, so stuck to the diesel (which also has it's share of Adblue problems of course) :roll:

How many miles do you do per annum? low mileage was the reason I got rid of my C3 Picasso 1.6Hdi, DPF and additive worked fine when doing high mileage, but they don’t like pottering around.

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Probably under 6k a year now, but she gets a continuous 40 mile round trip once or twice a month. We are rural here and you'd be hard pressed to find a traffic light in 30 miles or so! My big C5 never had any issues in 70k miles with similar driving either.

The PSA system is one of the best on the market and is designed to work in all driving conditions - but I totally agree, if you are only ever going to do a 3-4 mile trip to the village and back every few days, then assisted or not, regeneration is never going to happen. It only lowers the temperature for regeneration from 550 °C to 450 °C, so still needs to get to that temp. for it to happen and of course complete the cycle.

I think we made the decision to stick to diesel after reading up on the 3 cylinder Puretechs / timing issues and decided against it on balance. We did um and ah about it for quite a while trying to weigh up the pros and cons of each :D
russbif

Post by russbif »

I must admit I miss the grunt of my old 1.6Hdi. I used to drive from Spain to UK at lest twice a year, it ate the miles and gave just over 60mpg on average.
The pure tech engine may have 110 bhp on paper, but it’s gutless. I have now moderated my driving style accordingly and proceed in a manner commensurate with my age. Until I get the Mazda out 😜