C3 Aircross Sill Protectors

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Just thought I'd share a few pictures of the Sill protectors I bought for our C3 AIrcross now that I've fitted them.

I noticed that the Aircross didn't have any sill protection and being in a rural country area with tarmac being a thing of dreams, I was keen to get some protection from grit and stone chips that get stuck on your shoes before carving up your sill paintwork.

I had a look at various ones on the aftermarket, and decided against any plastic ones or 'stickers' as I couldn't see them lasting or looking very good in the long run.

So I opted on some custom C3 Aircross Stainless Steel ones. They come in a set of 4, with 2 larger ones for the front sills and 2 smaller ones for the rears. As you can see, they have the Aircross writing on and look really nice IMO. They come with proper full length securing strips that you simply peel off the backing tape and attach. It's very important to measure and position these before hand as the sticking strips are very strong as you'd expect.

These custom Aircross ones also have the curved lip over the edge of the sill, so it is important that you apply the curved lip part part first, then press press to the back so that they fit perfectly.
Sill A.png
Sill B.png
Sill E.png
Sill C.png
Sill D.png
These are made in the UK (Leeds) and are Stainless Steel, so trying to support UK businesses wherever possible. :D They cost £36 and were extremely well packed and protected. Personally I'm really pleased with them as I don't often buy 'after-market' stuff unless it is OEM, but these looked really nice and do protect the sills as well as provide a nice finish. I've already had a few nice comments from people who noticed them!

Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C3-A ... 2749.l2649

russbif

Post by russbif »

Look very good, not sure I’d bother with the rears
Deleted User 830

Thanks - yes the rears are quite a bit smaller - but they came as a set. I think it's because the rear sills only have a relatively smaller flat part to the sill before it starts changing shape / widening / curving as you look to the left of the last picture.
russbif

Post by russbif »

Yes, you’re right, I looked at my rear sills just now and the flat area is minimal, it would have cost a bit more to form longer ones to fit.
Airtool 2

Post by Airtool 2 »

Perhaps flexible type for rear better ?
Deleted User 830

But then they wouldn't match and my OCD would kick in :lol: