Touchscreen Protector

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Another nightmare trying to find a decent Screen Protector for the touchscreen on the C3 Aircross.

After measuring mine up diagonally and with the length and height, I bought a cheap one for under a £5 just to see if these would be any good. I did find one purporting to be for a 9.7" tablet so took a punt. Well that was a complete joke so I'm glad it only cost a fiver. Despite advertising it as a 9.7", the diagonal measurement was more like 11.5". so useless - they failed to mention the screen also covered the other non-screen area of the tablet.

So did a bit of research and found only one other screen for the C3 AIrcross that was just plastic and that had terrible reviews. The one other 'Tempered Glass' version was unavailable.

So I did a bit of research on the touchscreens and thought, these can't be all that different to the latest C3 Saloon. So I checked the touch screen part numbers and sure enough they had the same part numbers as the C3 Aircross. Great!

So back to Amazon and located the 'Brotect' (another cracking name) protector that is made in and shipped from Germany. It arrived this morning and so off I went to fit it. I just hope it's not too reflective in use. I don't know why I didn't see it before, but there is also a 'Matte' version of this, which I would of bought had I seen it :roll:

Anyway, here it is:
Brotect.png
Screen Protector A.png
Screen Protector B.png
Screen Protector C.png
I'll see how I get on with it in the lighter days ahead and if it proves to be too reflective, then I'll get the matte version. The one I bought cost £10.09 and the matte one is £13.69, so only another 3 quid.

It went on a doddle - there are no wipes or anything else included in the package - just the protector. I just wiped the touchscreen down with some spectacle cleaner that contained no alcohol or solvents and that worked a treat for preparing the touchscreen. I Just got a few credit cards at the ready (make sure they're relatively new with no sharp or worn edges) to ease out any bubbles as you peel back the protector and apply it.

As for use - the touchsceen is just as responsive and really quite clear. As you can see on the last picture there is about a 1-mm gap from the left edge. I started applying it from the right side first, so got it right level against the side - so now with hindsight and if I do go for the Matte version a bit later, I will bear this in mind.