Dash Cams

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Hi ChiliPepper on my C3 Aircross Flair Auto there is a socket that looks like the diagnostics one just below the facia trim by my right knee, bottom of the panel with the headlight adjuster on it.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Brilliant, I shall check it out tomorrow. My last one was in the centre armrest under a flap and I expected the ones on these to be near the fuse box, but that's even better if it's there then. Thanks.
russbif

Post by russbif »

Interesting videos, let us hope we never emulate them

Deleted User 830

You see what I meant about the side airbags now and any wiring in front of the Airbag!

Also, they did not include the Active Safety Brake / Collision Alert tests, because that system is not standard across the range.
russbif

Post by russbif »

The reason I posted the video was to show the deployment of the side curtain airbags, they expand downwards from above the doors, with the bag pushing against the body of the car( equal and opposite reaction etc) the door seal where my cable runs is against the metal and behind the airbag.
Therefore no risk of entanglement.
Anyway, if one is hit hard enough in the side to deploy the side curtain airbags then dashcam cabling will be the least of your worries!
Deleted User 830

Hopefully not! :lol:
Deleted User 830

Well back on topic, the Garmin 56 arrived yesterday - and went back this morning. :x

Supposedly new stock from Amazon after having had to wait for a week or so, it arrived, but on opening the Amazon packaging, the Garmin box was unsealed and the box lip open! Now I'm not sure if these units are sealed with cellophane, but I would of expect that or at least a 'security seal' - one of those plastic circular transparent stickers they put over the box to show if it has been opened or not.

The inside looked ok, but oddly the camera LCD screen had a protective film on it, but the most important part, the lens, do not!

Next I opened the brand new Samsung SDXC 64Gb Class 10 card that I had bought a few weeks earlier in readiness and inserted that into the camera and hooked it up to the PC with the supplied cable to configure it - nothing. Just a screen showing you need to insert an SD card. So tried powering off and inserting the card several times - same screen. Could not get out of the menu. So had an older SDHC card lying around and put that in - same thing.

So re-read some documentation whilst arranging to return the SD card back. Sent the card back and then came home and couldn't find anything about this on Garmin's pretty useless support site, so called their customer chat line which was equally a joke. 4 minutes to get a reply in between each sentence.

Well the bloke asked for the serial number for which I needed an electron microscope to read - as these so often have font size of about 0.001 points.

Then he asked about the SD card and I gave him the details for which he sent me a link to a document on their website (which I had already read before contacting support) to which he said if you have a 64 Gb or larger SD card you need to format it first on a PC with FAT32 (and use third party software to do this as Windows won't natively do this).

So I eagerly pointed out that the guidance he linked to contradicts what he has just said, as I quoted the line from the same document that specifically said that for Automotive Cameras, cards of 64Gb or higher must be formatted in the device! :roll:

So he disappeared for another 5 minutes to read up on this and that got me further wound up wasting time - to which he said, Hmm... you're right - I suggest you try alternative SD cards - to which I said that is not acceptable and that if he thought I'm going to keep buying cards to find out which ones work with their cameras he can dream on - not going to happen. So I asked him to recommend one and he wouldn't - so I told him we are back to square one and that it would be going back. Amazon issued a refund this morning.

So I'm not best pleased and to be honest, and have lost the will to live regarding all things dash cameras at present. Probably in the summer when conditions are better in any case.

So Garmin, get your documentation in order - re-train your support staff to stop contradicting your own guidance and provide a list of known working SD cards customers can purchase without all this stupid guesswork.

My own feelings are that this package has been opened and has been 'interfered' with - as every electronic item I've bought to date has some form of seal or shrink wrap, so I think this was DOA.
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Probably been returned by someone else. Was it packed nicely in the box?
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Deleted User 830

Yes, but still didn’t look right to me.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

I always format memory cards before installing in any equipment, just to make sure they are in the correct FAT32 format.