Dash Cams

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Fastbysuzuki

Post by Fastbysuzuki »

Hi, any chance of sharing the diagram showing were the a pillar clips are?

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Sure, here you go:

Outside
C3AC A Pillar 1.PNG
The bottom one shows the inside with the speaker connection.
C3AC A Pillar 2.PNG
Just be careful with that bottom locating 'pin', it looks very fragile!
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

No need to remove the pillar trim at all, just remove the door seal, that gives ample space to slide cables behind the trim panel.
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Anybody got any info on the glove box fixings in a C3 Aircross, before I strap on my headlamp and start rolling around on my back...
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

What specifically do you need? Best to start a new thread for this I think - Do I detect that you are going to retrofit the glovebox lights by any chance?..... :D

Edit: I've created an illustrated thread in response to the Glovebox request above. It is here:

C3 Aircross Glove Box Lid and Storage Compartment Removal
serfaty01

Post by serfaty01 »

On a C5 Aircross, anyone could help me power a dash cam from the rain detector above the visor instead of going all the way to the fuse box? It will be very much appreciated.
Shelle02

Post by Shelle02 »

Hello there, first post alert!

Just received my new car this morning (ordered in March so not too bad a wait). I had planned on upgrading my current dashcam system (E-Prance bought in 2015) and was also thinking of a rear camera as well. Driving the car home today I noticed that there is no space behind the mirror like there was for previous car (C3 Picasso) so I was wondering if any of you have dashcams and where they are situated on your windscreen?

I was looking at Nextbase 522gw and can get a bundle which includes a rear camera. I noticed this camera (rear) is wired and that you can get an add on rear camera instead. Does anyone have any experience with either or both rear cameras and the pros and cons at all? Although I did the wiring myself in the last car I didnt really feel that I did that good a job and was planning on getting Halfords to do it instead. Is there any other companies that do the fit as I can only seem to find Halfords?

Thank you in advance!
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Not sure if you have the C3 Aircross or C5? Though In don't think it makes a lot of difference.
On my C3 Aircross I have the Nextbase Dashcam on the bottom left corner of the windscreen using the suction pad, it's unobtrusive there and picks up the relevant area ahead. The only downside is that I need to remember to remove it when locking the car as it has a tendency to fall off and trigger the alarm, though if you use the adhesive pad it shouldn't be an issue.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Shelle02

Post by Shelle02 »

Sorry I should have mentioned (although probably not relevant in this specific case) I have the C3 Aircross. Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look :)
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I have fitted an 'Eyeball' type dash cam from Navitel. Given that the C3 Aircross has quite a large console unit housing the camera and rear view mirror, it was essential for me to mount mine dead centre underneath the 'shroud'. Failure to do this in my case and attempting to mount it either side of the windscreen console assembly, resulted in either the right or the left camera view being obscured.

Having it centrally mounted under the console trim is perfect, providing good left, right and dead ahead vision.

The beauty of this unit too, is that the 'eyeball' is magnetically attached, so can be pulled off for safe keeping if necessary.

I hard-wired mine in, routing the wires to the left of the windscreen console shroud, up to the headlining, behind the A Pillar and down to the fusebox through the dashboard end panels. It has been perfect. The design of the 'eyeball' also allows it to be rotated 360 degrees, so you can quickly turn the camera internally or to the sides if you urgently need to capture something.

Wiring Complete New Position.jpg

Navitel A.png