Radio

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Well I changed from a lifetime of Ford's for a higher seating car (without it being to large), with the limited use of the car so far we are quite pleased. But and this is a big but, whenever i have changed a car i have moved forward with regards to say better handling or in car comforts, but this time I lost heated windscreen, CD player,and obtained a non functioning media system.
Should owners be charging their battery to keep a radio working for a short time after parking, should owners be kept in the dark regarding updating their media system and in built maps, seems that Citroen have "offloaded" their responsibilities and caused a lot of confusion.
Yes of course we updated our maps from Garmin or Tom Tom in the past but at least you knew what you were missing and made a decision to update or no, now Citroen owners suffer with dealerships washing their hands of owner updates that "must" be done through a vague Citroen app system.
Sorry for my rant but that's what I see.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey

Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

I agree the recent map updates are non-existent from Citroen - and that's not acceptable (hence why I've installed them manually and they are up to date now). But when they do provide them, at least they are free now as opposed to the previous systems. My last car had the Navidrive 3D (NG4) and they no longer provided map updates after a few years - totally shocking for a £2k top of the range telematics system.

I have to admit that the newer connected Nav is great and with Apple Car Play too - I still get to use Waze or other mapping programmes too if I want to without having to wire up an ugly aftermarket system.

I've now got to decide on a dash cam and hardwire that in now as my next project. 8-)
Last edited by Deleted User 830 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Airtool wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:32 am Well I changed from a lifetime of Ford's for a higher seating car (without it being to large), with the limited use of the car so far we are quite pleased. But and this is a big but, whenever i have changed a car i have moved forward with regards to say better handling or in car comforts, but this time I lost heated windscreen, CD player,and obtained a non functioning media system.
Should owners be charging their battery to keep a radio working for a short time after parking, should owners be kept in the dark regarding updating their media system and in built maps, seems that Citroen have "offloaded" their responsibilities and caused a lot of confusion.
Yes of course we updated our maps from Garmin or Tom Tom in the past but at least you knew what you were missing and made a decision to update or no, now Citroen owners suffer with dealerships washing their hands of owner updates that "must" be done through a vague Citroen app system.
Sorry for my rant but that's what I see.
Of course you don't HAVE to charge your battery to keep a radio working; the car will work fine without doing so - at least for a while. While we are in lockdown, and mileage is tiny, the battery will be hard hit whenever you operate the starter, because most people are not driving anywhere the amount of miles needed to replenish the battery completely. This is the same problem at the moment for any vehicle most vehicles have at least the alarm system operating when ignition is off, which uses power, and I'm happy that Citroen have made sure a computer is managing the power so that I know the car will start.

I often wait in my car with the stereo on, but wouldn't want to for too long anyway in the cold (I never leave my engine running while stationary because I care about pollution). In the 21 months I have had my car I have updated it numerous times, both maps and software, with no problems, using the PC App for doing so - it IS slow but it does work.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The reason they don't have heated windscreens is because Ford patented it and it costs to have a license.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
russbif

Post by russbif »

I too am currently looking for a dashcam, moved my old one into the other car when I sold my C3 Picasso.
I want a rear camera too this time with Wi-Fi to view recordings on my iPhone.
However, I don’t intend spending hundreds of pounds. Previous model came from Aldi.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

In a recent "which" survey nextbase dash cams did well the 422gw £110 or 622 £65.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Deleted User 830

I've started a new thread for 'Dash Cams' here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=652#p3345
-VJ-

Post by -VJ- »

Beanee687 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 am The reason they don't have heated windscreens is because Ford patented it and it costs to have a license.
They have got the license, I have heated windscreen in my C3 Aircross.
C3 Aircross Shine 1,5 BlueHDI 100 "Pull me over red", Tornio, Finland
Deleted User 830

It’s an option for some countries like the heated seats that we can’t get in the UK. Nordic countries for example.