dashboard lighting

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Tangodan2

Post by Tangodan2 »

The answer is possibly in the 279 pages of the manual but I can't find it. Is there any way to reduce the brightness of the dashboard at night on my C5 Aircross please?

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

On the C3 Aircross there are two buttons below the dash display, a + and -.
The photo is screen shot of C5 online handbook.

Screenshot_20210106-183105.png

Last edited by Beanee687 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
srperry

Post by srperry »

Tangodan2 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:41 pm The answer is possibly in the 279 pages of the manual but I can't find it. Is there any way to reduce the brightness of the dashboard at night on my C5 Aircross please?
When you want to set the driver display (dashboard) brightness, turn the ignition on, go to the 'Settings and Tools' menu by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of the tablet screen, select 'Screen Configuration', then choose 'Brightness' in the tabs at the bottom of the screen.

This screen has two displays for brightness which change automatically depending on whether or not you have turned the lights on. If you haven't turned the lights on, the display shows the tablet only brightness, if you have turned the lights on it shows a different value of brightness.

I hope that helps?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
russbif

Post by russbif »

Excellent responses! Why can’t people read their handbooks or online manuals?
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

russbif wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 am Excellent responses! Why can’t people read their handbooks or online manuals?
Wouldn’t be any need for the forum then :lol:
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
srperry

Post by srperry »

russbif wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 am Excellent responses! Why can’t people read their handbooks or online manuals?
To be fair, in my PDF manual, pages 21 and 22 don't actually explain that there is two separate settings for dash brighness - one when headlights are on and one when not.

It took me ages to find out by experimentation, and I read the manual first - and then I found it for myself.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Also, to be fair, they only supply you with a poverty version of the printed manual these days :D

To get the full monty, you do need to read it online or download it - but you'd need to take out a second mortgage to print it off....
Tangodan2

Post by Tangodan2 »

Thanks all, to Beanee687, no plus or minus on the dash, the positions for the buttons are blanked out, so no go but thanks
to srperry, thanks, it worked!
To russbif, I agree about reading the manual, I have done and dip into it frequently but I still haven't got the inbuilt camera to sync with my phone ,(this is another issue) and so I took it back to the dealers, they couldn't sort that issue either.
Bottom line, I can drive at night now with suitably dimmed dash

Thanks all

Dan
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Reading the manual does help. The number of people I came across that didn't realise you can mute the radio by pressing volume up and down at the same time...
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
russbif

Post by russbif »

Same as on my old C3 Picasso, you can also mute it by pushing the volume control at the bottom left of the control screen.