CItroen C3 Aircross Air Deflectors - Be Wary

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

I thought I'd get a set of front Air Deflectors for the Aircross and saw some Citroen OEM ones on the bay of evil for £38, so took a punt.

I've previously installed the German ClimAir models on my other Citroens and were extremely pleased with them.

However, the kit I received had no fitting blade 'tool' inside which I queried with the seller who checked his other kits to find they too didn't have one. So I attempted to fit these today and no way Jose where these going on.

They are supposed to be fitted into the corner first, then slid in and pushed into and behind the weather seal, with the final bit fitting flush on the vertical near the windscreen side. I spent a few hours with the passenger side today and gave up - these just do not fit! There is large lip that will not go into the corner piece and forces a bulge in the rubber - which cannot be right. There is then no way for the rest of the thing to fit in - so these are flawed or poorly made and not tested on the later models. Every time the windows were raised, bit by bit, as soon as it got to 90% the anti-pinch kicked in and down the window went.

So these have been returned. This is the first time I have been let down by OEM accessories and am not at all impressed.

I will now be going direct to ClimAir and getting a set from them. These are TUV approved. When I get a set I'll put up a picture.

the2ems

Post by the2ems »

Just because a seller says they are OEM, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are, especially on eBay.
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Yes, appreciate that, but they were in the Citroen official packing, labels and internal part numbers - and the seller only deals with the dealers as it were (surplus stock). Even the fitting instructions were typically Citroen - poor quality useless photos and the like :D

He offered to send another kit, but I declined.