Upgrade my aircross

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Ukfirestorm

Post by Ukfirestorm »

I've had my feel model.for 9 months having had a picasso before, I'm wondering what I could do to upgrade it interior or otherwise, adding the satnav or reverse camera the flair has, or giving it more bite, remapping maybe?
Anyone done any of these.

russbif

Post by russbif »

I have both satnav and reversing camera in my flair, but having previously had a C3 Picasso exclusive, I remain distinctly underwhelmed by the interior of the Aircross.
I don’t use the satnav, preferring Waze on my iPhone using CarPlay.
We were only yesterday looking for alternatives, but I haven’t yet found one...
the2ems

Post by the2ems »

russbif wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:29 pm I have both satnav and reversing camera in my flair, but having previously had a C3 Picasso exclusive, I remain distinctly underwhelmed by the interior of the Aircross.
I don’t use the satnav, preferring Waze on my iPhone using CarPlay.
We were only yesterday looking for alternatives, but I haven’t yet found one...
So you don’t like the Aircross, but can’t find anything to replace it? :?
2019 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Trying to retrofit sat Nav to the existing touchscreen is not just a case of adding it. There are other bits that need changing reprogramming etc. Not easy and not cheap. Best route is to use Android auto or waze.
After market kits are available for reverse camera but again trying to integrate into touchscreen not easy.
I didn't really want sat Nav built in on my Aircross auto but it came with the car as do reverse camera,
Both work well. Seen many complaints about the sat nav but it shows the route and where and when to turn. On my car it has head up display and the turns are shown on that. Don't really look at the screen.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
russbif

Post by russbif »

Not yet...
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

Ukfirestorm wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:57 pm I've had my feel model.for 9 months having had a picasso before, I'm wondering what I could do to upgrade it interior or otherwise, adding the satnav or reverse camera the flair has, or giving it more bite, remapping maybe?
Anyone done any of these.
Although most of the front fascia wiring on the C3 Aircross is the same across the range (but not all harnesses), there are over 20 different Telematic Units, each varying depending on Analogue / Digital, Left / Right Hand Drive, with / without Equaliser, with / without connectivity. etc etc., and these head units cost about £730 at present depending on version, so connected equipment will only work with the correct unit. As for the rear camera - again, there are a significant number of different wiring harnesses depending on fitted equipment: with / without: Visual Panoramic Aid, Visio Park, Hands Free Access / Starting, so this is why it becomes difficult.

Also be wary of third party 'modifications' - especially to the telematics units or connected equipment as these directly interface with the vehicle's systems, and will likely affect any manufacturer's warranty you may have remaining if you do make any changes. Citroen specifically refer to this.

As for remapping - your choice of course, but the same applies. If you were to increase engine power, then that will have a direct impact such as increased wear on associated equipment like the clutch / flywheel / and other drivetrain components that can also invalidate any warranty claims.

Sometimes it's better to wait a while until you find the vehicle you want at the right price with all the desired kit in the first place.
Ukfirestorm

Post by Ukfirestorm »

Thanks