My Citroen app help

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I have an old Samsung J5 phone with the 'My Citroen' app installed, which, apart from the odd glitch, has worked ok. In the past few days the app wouldn't open, I had a message saying the the licence had expired which prevented it opening. Prior to this message I had cleared the apps data and cache due to low storage space.
I then uninstalled the app completely and tried to reinstall, but am getting the message that the app is not compatible with my phone? I still have the app on an even older iPhone which works fine so not sure why this is happening? Is it because the app I uninstalled is an older version that's not now available; if so is there any way of retrieving it? I don't really want to upgrade my phone for the limited use I have for it!
The odd thing is, after a journey in my Aircross yesterday, I still received a message on the J5 stating there are new journeys to be recorded!
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

In play store menu apps/games library reinstall ?
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Many thanks for your reply.
I just followed your instructions, the app is showing there but I'm still getting the same response when trying to open it - 'Your device isn't compatible with this version'?
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Try emptying play store app cache first then uninstall citroen app then reinstall.
If that fails empty play store data then uninstall/reinstall citroen app.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

No luck I’m afraid, tried both suggestions, though just to clarify the app is no longer installed on my phone, I just have the My Citroen icon showing in the library with ‘not installed’ underneath it, when I click on it I get the not compatible message?
I have also now deleted the icon and retried downloading it again with the same result.
russbif

Post by russbif »

Does your phone need updating? Alternatively, have you updated your phone so that it is no longer compatible with the app? Some of my iPhone apps no longer work after updates.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Thanks for your input.
My phone is past it’s sell by date for updates, so nothing has changed in recent times. Looks as though I need to upgrade it, though can’t understand why the app suddenly decided to stop, I can’t even find it on the play store anymore? The odd thing is, my iPhone is even older than the Samsung and the app still works ok.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Lost now as I just checked Playstore and Mycitroen App is there.
Have you checked it's permissions.
To do that go to your phones settings, small of wheel, either on top line or pull down from top.
Touch Apps and notifications.
Touch the line that says see rest of apps
Touch MyCitroen
Touch permissions. Check deny not ticked.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Hi, thanks for your input but still no joy I'm afraid!
The MyCitroen app doesn't appear anywhere on my phone since I uninstalled it, and it doesn't appear on the google play store either, I just get the scan my Citroen app and a few other nondescript ones.
If I locate the MyCitroen app icon on a google search and click to download, I get the same message that it's not compatible with my system.
I can only assume that the app I uninstalled is an older version which is no longer available?
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

You can sideload an app via apk mirror website, but you need to allow installation from unknown source on your phone first, or you can do a restore of your phone then download again.