Problem updating maps on AirCross C5

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
vciric

Post by vciric »

Hi all,

I have problem that bothering me for a month now. I wanna update maps on my C5 aircross. The maps in my car are from April 2019, and I downloaded Citroen Update, downloaded 21GB of update by providing my car's ID number, and the software prepared my usb (64GB): formated is as FAT, placed all 21GB in appropriate folders. When I put usb in my car the following happens (i recorded video and upladed it to youtube so you can see):

[/media]

the error says: "Map update failed". Just like that...

Help please!

I even tried to download files and extract them manualy, along with the license file. I prepared usb as written in the documentation. Nothing helped. I am out of clues.

I don't wanna mention that I called distributer and service, and that they said that they didn't update maps on this model jet, and that they let me know when and what to do. Since then 2 weeks passed...

Vladimir
https://www.dentalspa.co.rs/
Last edited by vciric on Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

You state that you placed update in appropriate folders state how you did this and perhaps someone here can help.
Being a different model not sure if its the same on my c3 I only updated touchscreen, on usb drive I made a folder called licence placed "license" download in that then underneath that folder I placed touchscreen download and it loaded ok.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
vciric

Post by vciric »

Thanks for the replay. The folder name is SWL where I have two subfolders: 002315011591099070 and 001315031584967617. I placed "license***.key" file at the root of my pen-drive, and when that didn't work, I put it in the same SWL folder as the rest of the files are. You see the result on the video that I posted.

I'll try making separate folder licence in the root of the pendrive and put the key there, as you suggested. I'll try that in the next few hours and let you know if it worked. Hopefully it will :)

I the meantime, I am attaching the txt listing file with the folder and the file structure on my pen drive. Please see the attachment. I had to zip the text file, because the site didn't allow me to attach txt file extension.
listing.zip
(2.84 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I put 'update C5 Aircross Nav' in Google search bar and it came back with this pdf which is comprehensive. It might be helpful.

Screenshot_20201211-101517.png

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Ok I've followed the instruction and it's slightly different to the instructions. You have to get to
www.mycitroen-uk.citroen.com
At the bottom of the page in blue, : update of the map and central screen of the vehicle. Click it
2nd line at top of new page click owners services.
Drop down on left update my Navigation system. Click it.
Enter Vin and OK
The page that opens is for you to download the Citroen update app to install on laptop/PC.

Once installed run it. It request car VIN and also a name for it. Continue and it checks for updates. Mine came back with software update but no map update. Then it downloads it and puts it on the stick. USB 3.
It tells you what size stick it needs. Agree and continue. It formats stick.
Then it copies files to stick 10 mins
The stick has two folders
license
SWL

license contains a license file 8kb
SWL contains a folder
That folder contains 3 more folders Certificates, Firmware, MediaHeader and a file HashList
Certificates contains 3 files
Firmware contains a folder AUTO and a file FirmwareList.
AUTO contains many sub folders
MediaHeader contains a file MediaVersion.
So now to try in car.
Last edited by Beanee687 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

IMG_20201211_121422088.jpg

Ok in car
Engine running. Stop start disabled
Inserted stick
Screen says no media on stick. Media is music
Instructions say ignore, after 10 secs the system showed page for, update. Clicked yes
Showed page, please note, clicked yes
Showed page update, then blue page firmware update. Picture at top, started 12.12

Waiting while the system updates
Took 25 mins
Told it had finished and to remove the stick
Did that and the screen went blank then after a few moments showed Citroen symbol
Then Nav map reappeared.
Screen fully functional. SUCCESS.
Not sure what has changed but I am now up to date. NOTE Mycitroen App didn't show any update available since the app updated last. It showed one before the update.
Tip
When you start choose a radio station you like mine defaulted to Jeremy Vine ugh.
vciric

Post by vciric »

Beanee687 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:41 pm Showed page, please note, clicked yes
Showed page update, then blue page firmware update. Picture at top, started 12.12
I tried again without success. Here is what I tried:
1. I prepared usb and compared with the file structure that you posted. Exact the same file structure, except that I have two folders inside SWL in addtion to yours one folder. The additional folder contains maps. All other files and the structure is exacly the same.
2. I shut down start-stop which I didn't do before.
3. I pass the screen where it asks if I wanna install maps.
4. The message to not turn off the engine is displayed and to be ptient because the update last long
5. I answer with yes (as in the video in my first post)
6. The error is displayed on the screen without any suggestion what webt wrong!

It is starting to be frustrating. Don't know what to try more...
srperry

Post by srperry »

Beanee687 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:59 am Ok I've followed the instruction and it's slightly different to the instructions. You have to get to
www.mycitroen-uk.citroen.co
Oops, you've truncated the website address; it should be https://mycitroen-uk.citroen.com/
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
vciric

Post by vciric »

Beanee687 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:59 am Once installed run it. It request car VIN and also a name for it. Continue and it checks for updates. Mine came back with software update but no map update. Then it downloads it and puts it on the stick. USB 3.
Did you use 32GB or 64BG USB?
Which file format did you use?
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

I used a 16gb the app told me the min size required to put the files on for the update I was presented.
Last edited by Beanee687 on Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.