Android Auto help

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The following link may help those of you who are having problems with Android Auto app.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/how- ... 52751.html
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Thanks for the info, being a new owner I have had to learn the intricities of updating touchscreen and getting free 3 year tom tom live traffic set up, with help from this forum.
Currently since I have no subscription to a music source (only wife has Amazon prime music ) I am comparing using different music players for my music collection on my phone.
Trying out Aimp,rocketplayer,blackplayer,vlc to name a few to see how best they populate music in android auto. Before it was grab a CD from glove box how times change.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
schmoo2k

Post by schmoo2k »

I have only tried VLC for local storage playback, its basic but the speach recognigition appears to just work "Play xxx by yyy" which is more important to me over a pretty UI.
2020 C5 Aircross - 1.5 BLUEHDI 130 S&S EAT8
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Sounds good to me schmoo2k that's all I want really, problem is some of my music is in album folders others are individual tracks in folders not sure if it will find them all.
Bit cold to sit in car doing tests for an hour but will get there.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Placed music on phone sd card, downloaded android auto and vlc apps, launched a.a. app attached phone with cable to car usb. Can get phone google assistant(speech recognition) to play music in car but not same using steering wheel button. Google assistant states cannot play from source or cannot play by song name. Any ideas thanks