Hybrid Electric charging

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
orlando4x4

Post by orlando4x4 »

Hello everyone. Thanks for accepting me in the forum.
I have a question for the C5 Hybrid.

It is normal for the charge to be 100% but the autonomy is not the same (more or less 23miles), when the outside temperature is below 10C?
When I went to get the car from the stand, the electric range was +/- 31 miles, now it does not exceed 22/23 miles.
the car only has 200miles, I received it last November.
Beste regards.

orlando4x4

Post by orlando4x4 »

Thank you all. Very kind. No doubt
Npr1980

Post by Npr1980 »

I have a similar issue... car is only a week old and noticed fully charged today and showing range of 17 miles... I never considered the temperature being a factor but maybe. Be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar issue.
orlando4x4

Post by orlando4x4 »

Npr1980 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:07 pm I have a similar issue... car is only a week old and noticed fully charged today and showing range of 17 miles... I never considered the temperature being a factor but maybe. Be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar issue.
I went to the dealeer, yesterday. they said that its, almost normal....it show a range of 17miles, but you wuold be albe to travel mora than that.
In my case, I got 20miles range and done arround 25miles....but, others days, didn't get more than 18miles with full batery....there's something wrong with it...soo lets see.
Npr1980

Post by Npr1980 »

Yeah will see if it changes much when the weather warms up otherwise will take it to the dealer as well!
Rorymac74

Post by Rorymac74 »

orlando4x4 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:13 pm Hello everyone. Thanks for accepting me in the forum.
I have a question for the C5 Hybrid.

It is normal for the charge to be 100% but the autonomy is not the same (more or less 23miles), when the outside temperature is below 10C?
When I went to get the car from the stand, the electric range was +/- 31 miles, now it does not exceed 22/23 miles.
the car only has 200miles, I received it last November.
Beste regards.

I have the same issue too, in kilometers here though. Should be up near 50km on the gauge on full charge but I’m getting 36km. Had a Niro phev before this and always went to 36 miles on full charge despite temperature. Maybe the Citroen takes temperature into account, it’s about 10-12 degrees C here at the moment.
orlando4x4

Post by orlando4x4 »

It seams, that almost everyone with the C5AC PHEV has the same issue..damm
Rorymac74

Post by Rorymac74 »

Hi everyone. Quick question regarding the charging of your C5 hybrid. I am charging mine with a Zappi V1 home charger capable of charging at 32amps (7kw), all the settings have been confirmed by myenergi. My issue is that the car only charges at 16amp (3.3kw) no matter what state of charge left in the battery. Has anyone had this issue or are your cars charging at 32amps? I have looked through the cars setting but there doesn’t seem to be any menu for charge rates. I don’t think it’s an add on feature as I have the basic model.
orlando4x4

Post by orlando4x4 »

Rorymac74 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:39 am Hi everyone. Quick question regarding the charging of your C5 hybrid. I am charging mine with a Zappi V1 home charger capable of charging at 32amps (7kw), all the settings have been confirmed by myenergi. My issue is that the car only charges at 16amp (3.3kw) no matter what state of charge left in the battery. Has anyone had this issue or are your cars charging at 32amps? I have looked through the cars setting but there doesn’t seem to be any menu for charge rates. I don’t think it’s an add on feature as I have the basic model.
It seams that on board charger is limit at 3.3Kw....you had the chance to upgrade to 7.4kw by the timeyou ordered the car....don't think it is possible to change it now....mine it's fit with the 7.4kw onboard charger.
Kind regards,
Keresley

Post by Keresley »

It's a case of me too with C5 hybrid.
The best mileage i achieved was after it's first charge when I managed 21 miles. Since then it rapidly reduced to around 16/17 miles in EV mode. Which is roughly half the advertised mileage from Citroen of 31 to 34 miles in EV mode.
Foolishly I took 31 miles to be the lowest that the car would achieve in EV mode. My two main journeys are a 30 mile round trip and a forty mile round trip to my nearest towns, and expected at worst that I would cover around 80% of the miles in EV mode. As it turned out I only managed to get around 40% of those journeys completed in EV mode.
Another fault I found was that when accelerating in EV mode that around 60mph the acceleration would stall and I would have to change to hybrid manually as the hybrid would not kick in when asked for more power.
I think the vehicle is much better in the 1.6 180EAT petrol version. It felt to me that the hybrid version had been rushed into production to meet emission targets and had not been properly developed considering the extra 300 kilos of weight. It had never had the calmness of the 1.6 petrol version.