OBD Port

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
linkit

Post by linkit »

Hi All,

Can I check if anyone has managed to successfully access the OBD port.. it looks like its under a plastic cover below the steering wheel.

Is the a safe way to remove the cover without damaging the clips?

Thanks for your comments.

JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

This comment relates to C5 Aircross.

I had mine removed just after purchase because the AA supplied a new key and then reprogrammed the car to reject the then missing key. Removal of that (large) panel was straightforward using standard trim removal tools. All clips survived although I would comment that the plastic was only six months from manufacture, and three months on the road.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
srperry

Post by srperry »

linkit wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:05 pm Hi All,

Can I check if anyone has managed to successfully access the OBD port.. it looks like its under a plastic cover below the steering wheel.

Is the a safe way to remove the cover without damaging the clips?

Thanks for your comments.
Pull it gently from the left hand side, and when the first clips pop, move your fingers along and just keep pulling (making sure you don't bend the panel). You need to use some effort, because the clips are tight. As long as you don't bend the plastic and keep trying to pull it straight towards you, you should be ok.

This is what it looks like - first pic is the cover from behind, so you can see where the clips are and the second is the lower dash after cover removal:

20201202_111301.jpg

20201202_111151.jpg

Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
linkit

Post by linkit »

Thank you very much.. especially the photos.
srperry

Post by srperry »

No problem. I hope it helped.

I wanted to put my ODB2 reader in there and leave it - it has an on/off switch, but there is not enough clearance between the port and the cover for even a matchstick, let alone my slimline ODB2 reader, and there's not even enough room to put an extension cable on it either. \i might cut a neat hole in the cover so that it doesn't have to be removed, or pop the ODB2 socket out of its holder so that I can get at it. I'll think about both though, deeply, before committing!
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
linkit

Post by linkit »

Can we pop out the OBD2 port.. is it super secure to the frame or we can take it out and put it back without damage?

Not so keen to cut a hole in the cover... :O
srperry

Post by srperry »

linkit wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:06 pm Can we pop out the OBD2 port.. is it super secure to the frame or we can take it out and put it back without damage?

Not so keen to cut a hole in the cover... :O
I haven't had time to look - too busy with work... I might take a look at the weekend; the best option would be to drop it down from the frame...
linkit

Post by linkit »

Yup, managed to pull it out.. they deliberately make it darn difficult to take out.

Also exploring how to drop the OBD port.. looks like might be able to extract it.

Pls share some photos if you managed to do it.. am trying out will keep ya posted too.
russbif

Post by russbif »

It looks as if it has been inserted into the bracket from the rear, the photo shows two plastic clips, one at the bottom the other on the right, if you depress those the housing should push out towards the rear.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Thought once about buying a obd2 reader any suggestions for the future, thanks
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey