New owner Help - 2019 Flair Puretech SS

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

Mine is a 2019 Flair Puretech SS - but I am still trying to find out what features are included as the manual doesn't seem to list specific model features!

Drives beautifully and is very comfortable.

There was one funny moment driving round the M25 when it switched profiles, for no clear reason, and would only speak in French.

I would appreciate a little help understanding some of the cars features that are challenging me at the moment.

The biggest 'dislikes' are -

1. Not having a built in dash-cam when earlier versions did and the later C5 does.

2. No display of the current speed limit on the sat-nav. My old Tom Tom Go 500 gives more information! Also the characters seem VERY small.

3. Speed sign recognition - do I have it? More often than not I get --- on the dash display and nothing on the Sat Nav which is VERY annoying.

4. Having to set up the display option to display speed limit each time I start the car.

5. The Start Stop function has NEVER EVER worked since I got it. Yes the battery IS fully charged and the feature enabled.

6. The car does not use any oil but what grade is needed should it require any? The user manual does not appear to specify this.

7. Not having a 'proper' clock that doesn't move around with the application.

8. I am still trying to figure out the memory function of the Speed limit and Cruise control while trying to avoid spending too much time looking down at it while driving trying to set it up.

9. Automatic wiper function seems to have a mind of its own and keeps wiping without any rain present.

10. ECO feature comes on after around 10 mins with nothing on but the radio. I have never had to run the engine on any other car just to use the radio.

11. Do I have the blind spot indicator mirrors on this model?

12. And having to pay £139 for the Tom Tom Speed camera option when it is free on a device that cost less.
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I am a little confused I wrote a significant reply to a post like this, but this seems to be a duplicate with a bit of capitalisation. So I will comment on the capitalised bit and comment on the reversion to French which i didn't cover in the other reply.

If the stop/start doesn't work it is any or a combination of

1. parameters are not correct. There are many parameters which will prevent the stop/start working. These include aircon in use, temperature too cold, temperature too cold, and many others. This includes 2.

2. Poor battery. You say the battery is fully charged, but a fully charged battery may not be in a good enough condition to operate the stop start. What actually makes you say it is fully charged?

3. Alternator problem.

I have had 3 cars with stop/start. On two of them the function was intermittent and but did frequently function. My current C4 Picasso refused to stop/start for a couple of months. The battery never let me down for starting, but, even when fully charged by the agent it only did 2 or 3 stops before it stopped functioning. It has been fine since I had a new battery fitted. As your car is 2019 you should get the battery replaced under warranty if it is faulty.

On the subject of reverting to French, this is because the default settings are French and kilometers. If there is a temporary failure of power several things can happen. The system can revert to French, the digital part of the speedometer, the odometer and the trip computer can revert to kilometers, kph and litres/100km, and the date and time may reset to an earlier time. It may be one of these or any combination. It is easy to reset, but it is a pain if it happens too often.
JohnLX

Post by JohnLX »

I think item 3 is the most likely as I have charged the battery and made sue that everything is off whilst driving.
It is quite likely that the car sat on the garage forecourt for long periods during the winter and batteries hate the cold.

Now that the 'colder' weather has set in it may be difficult to get conditions where the SS should work and justify a replacement battery.
The fact that the car frequently goes into ECO mode after a shorter time than expected would point to a deteriorating battery.

Thanks for your details information that has really been helpful.

Cheer John
C3 Aircross 110BHP Petrol Manual