Navigation Update CItroen C5 Aircross (Malta)

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
guyver78

Post by guyver78 »

I have tried twice to download an update for the Sat Nav of my C5 from the Citroen's official site., however I did not manage to do so. I live in Malta. Not sure whether it is a licensing territorial issue or something else? Any direction would be appreciated as somewhat lost on what to do. My car has been out more than a year, which means maps needs to be updated for sure!

JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

Have you tried the MyCitroen app to send a link with the update to your email address and write to usb? This seems the simplest way to update. I do not have sat nav but have updated touch screen this way. Make sure you use a 3.0 USB stick. I couldn't get a 2.0 USB to work. The app explains what to do quite well.
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
guyver78

Post by guyver78 »

@ JFS Dorset - thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find MyCitroen on the google playstore. It must be related to the region i live. There must be a workaround for this.
JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

You may have to go to Citroen dealer assuming there is one. Or maybe a car hire place With Citroen hires (airport) to ask how they get theirs updated. Know anybody with an iPhone who could try for you?
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

molivver

Post by molivver »

Create an account here: https://mycitroen-fr.citroen.com. You will need your VIN to enter and get the update info. Download the files and make sure you download the license file also. Put this all in the USB. You need to have a SWL folder + the license file in the USB root.

Note: You need to connect the car system to internet, so it can validate the license file. I did it by sharing the mobile phone internet with the car and it worked like a charm.
guyver78

Post by guyver78 »

molivver wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:22 pm Create an account here: https://mycitroen-fr.citroen.com. You will need your VIN to enter and get the update info. Download the files and make sure you download the license file also. Put this all in the USB. You need to have a SWL folder + the license file in the USB root.

Note: You need to connect the car system to the internet, so it can validate the license file. I did it by sharing the mobile phone internet with the car and it worked like a charm.
Following my post, android is now syncing to my car. I could use google maps with no difficulty, however, i still would like to update the car GPS, just in case.
russbif

Post by russbif »

Is it really worth all the effort? Just use Waze, it’s far better and it’s free....