Lane departure warning system

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
raiderz

Post by raiderz »

Is there anyway to permanently disable the lane departure system, it really gets my goat.

Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I don’t think so, I asked this question at the dealership when I bought it. I usually try and turn it off when I first drive off but sometimes forget, I too find it annoying, though I suppose it’s a useful on long motorways etc.
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Like many of the safety system It defaults ON every time the ignition is switched on.
Like you I find it annoying but it has saved me wandering.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Madman

Post by Madman »

On my 2019 C3 saloon there is an on/off button by the drivers knee
Yorkshire Pud

Post by Yorkshire Pud »

You cannot permanently disable it, I have got into the habit of disabling it with the switch when I drive locally as it is annoying on country roads where you are regularly crossing the white lines. Great on motorways though, it should be on all BMW's as it would remind them they had forgotten to indicate again when changing lanes.
JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

😂🤣
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Like he said, it's a little annoying sometimes but it encourages good indicating which I'm all in favour of.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I had a Berlingo as a courtesy car the other day whilst my C3A was being serviced - it had the active lane departure system which I hadn't tried before. Seemed a bit weird at first as I could feel the steering wheel trying to make a few 'corrections', but easy to overcome if you need to and can also be switched off (and better than the beeping ;) )
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

JohnB wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:28 pm I had a Berlingo as a courtesy car the other day whilst my C3A was being serviced - it had the active lane departure system which I hadn't tried before. Seemed a bit weird at first as I could feel the steering wheel trying to make a few 'corrections', but easy to overcome if you need to and can also be switched off (and better than the beeping ;) )
This is rather odd!. Our C4 Picasso has a system that tugs on the seatbelts to let you know you are wandering, our C3 just beeps and has a flashing light on the dash. Neither make any 'corrections' via the steering wheel.
Last edited by routemaster1 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

It's too 'new' for a Picasso, I guess some of the C5 owners here might have it. My son has it on his Skoda Octavia which works in the same way.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof