My c3 aircross 2019 feel, 1.5 diesel blue motion

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Brian gardiner

Post by Brian gardiner »

Only had car 6 weeks and stop start not working, booked into garage Oct 20th. Is this a common problem, disappointing to happen with a new car.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Yes, it's common and the if the system operates is determined by various parameters. The principle one seems to be the battery voltage. It depends upon: is the Aircon demanding a very cool temp, is the engine up to temp, is there a demand on the power steering which is electric and driven directly by the alternator.
Now having said that I have a 2020 C3 Aircross and the operation of the stop start seems erractic and illogical. Last week on two consecutive days I drove my car to the same destination and back. The air con was on, the outside temp was 26, I was demanding 21 in the car. On day 1 the stop start operated at all stop bar the first. I drove back in dark so headlights on. The next day same conditions and also drove back in dark. Stop start only operated on the last stop on way home in the dark.
I had a C3 MK3 hatchback before this and the stop start operated 90% of the time.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I have the same issue with my stop start too, very intermittent, even when the demands on the battery are minimal, but oddly enough I've just had a week away on holiday and it worked on every occasion!
I had a DS3 Diesel prior to this, it worked faultlessly for 6 years, even though I am a low mileage driver!
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Easy enough to test. Put a voltmeter across your battery with the readout in the cabin and see if it works reliably over a set voltage.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.