Rotary wheels on steering wheel boss.

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

For three years from 2017 to 2020 I owned a 2017 C3 MK3 Hatchback Flair 110 bhp EAT6 Auto. Very enjoyable drive and lovely car. The two wheels on the steering wheel boss, left-hand trip computer data display change and right-hand radio station or music track selector worked whereby rotating downwards moved you down the lists. Now I own a 2020 C3 Aircross Flair 130 bhp EAT6 Auto. The two wheels on the steering boss work in the opposite direction, up to go down the list. Ok it's liveable but it not instinctive to use.
Other things I have noticed are the touch screen touch zones are slightly bigger so it's easier to use during motion.
The music section has more information and will show the actual CD sleeve on the display.
To turn Aircon on you just need to press the top of the screen and when the next screen appears just toggle the AUTO button, but go turn it off you have to go to the climate page. Old system could be done on the first page.
It a great car and the auto is excellent. The MPG being returned us better than my MK3 returned running under the same conditions.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars

Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Hi, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the Aircross.
I too find the toggle buttons intuitively work the wrong way, when changing music tracks I keep going back to the previous one! Just one of those weird Citroen quirks I suppose, I'll probably get used to it by the time I trade it in!
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Just seems strange that they changed the direction on different models.
Mine is White with Black roof with Orange roof bars, headlight surrounds, wing mirrors and the rear quarter lights. To be honest it looks more red than orange. Also seems strange it's shod with Bridgestone tyres where all my previous Citroen's (6) had Michelin tyres.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Beanee687 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:33 pm Just seems strange that they changed the direction on different models.
Mine is White with Black roof with Orange roof bars, headlight surrounds, wing mirrors and the rear quarter lights. To be honest it looks more red than orange. Also seems strange it's shod with Bridgestone tyres where all my previous Citroen's (6) had Michelin tyres.
The tyres they fit depend on the size required. Our C3 has the standard 16" wheels and has Michelins. The 17" options have a different type, not sure if it is Bridgestone or Goodyear.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Yes , they are Bridgestone Turanza tyres on mine too, I have the 17' wheels!
I'm still enjoying my Aircross even though there are a few little niggles that I can't seem to resolve, and due to the lockdown and being retired, I've not covered much mileage in the 10 months I've had it, so don't have time to get used to the technology.
The stop start system is still a mystery to me, sometimes it works and then it stops for no apparent reason! The journeys I do are mostly over 50 miles and I don't use it for short local trips, so the battery should always be well charged. My previous DS3 Diesel stop start system always worked for the whole 6 years I had the car.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Chrislo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:02 am Yes , they are Bridgestone Turanza tyres on mine too, I have the 17' wheels!
I'm still enjoying my Aircross even though there are a few little niggles that I can't seem to resolve, and due to the lockdown and being retired, I've not covered much mileage in the 10 months I've had it, so don't have time to get used to the technology.
The stop start system is still a mystery to me, sometimes it works and then it stops for no apparent reason! The journeys I do are mostly over 50 miles and I don't use it for short local trips, so the battery should always be well charged. My previous DS3 Diesel stop start system always worked for the whole 6 years I had the car.
Do you run the aircon on auto? Use of the auto aircon will not necessarily completely prevent the stop/start working, but frequently mine will stop the engine then restart as soon as the aircon cuts in.
Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

I normally have the Aircon on Auto, but have also tried turning it off and all other possible battery drains and it's still intermittent!
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

When my Aircon is ON its in Auto set to around 21c.
Now the other day though I went for a fairly long motorway run so battery should have been charged, but the stop start didn't operate. After I got home and pulled up on drive it started to operate. The next day it worked properly. What I have noticed is that with the Air-conditioning OFF, but the panel in Auto with an internal temp of 21c set if the outside temp is less than 21c then the heater is used to get temp up, and fan speed increases, S/S doesn't operate.