connectcam connection

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
chutchy

Post by chutchy »

hi just joined after purchasing c5 aircross and i am struggling to connect the connect cam how do you do it please keep it simple i am not tech minded thanx

JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Please let us know what you have done so far.
Have you powered the camera on.
Have you downloaded the Citroen Connected Cam app and are you using i-phone or android.
I'll stop there for you to respond before going any further.
John
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
chutchy

Post by chutchy »

hi im using android and have downloaded app picked up cam server but when i go back to app nothing happens
SteelCityRon

Post by SteelCityRon »

If I were you, I'd just get the images off with a USB cable if you need them.

That being said, this is how I got mine working:

• Install the ConnectedCam app, sit in the car with the ignition on for the electronics and made sure the camera is on (green light on unit).
  • Open the ConnectedCam app, follow the instructions to connect to the cam's WiFi and then changed the cam's WiFi password when prompted (I had to run through this process twice to get the password to change).
  • Connect your phone to the camera's WiFi ignoring warnings about their being no internet connection.
  • Open the ConnectedCam app and it should show you as connected.
  • You can test by pressing the button on the camera to take a picture and watch it appear in the app.
C5 Aircross 130 Flair
chutchy

Post by chutchy »

thanks will give it a try
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

It's also worth moving your car away from your home network zone so that only the camera network is visible. The camera network is a short range transmitter and will say "no internet" This us correct.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
valep

Post by valep »

SteelCityRon wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:45 pm If I were you, I'd just get the images off with a USB cable if you need them.

That being said, this is how I got mine working:

• Install the ConnectedCam app, sit in the car with the ignition on for the electronics and made sure the camera is on (green light on unit).
  • Open the ConnectedCam app, follow the instructions to connect to the cam's WiFi and then changed the cam's WiFi password when prompted (I had to run through this process twice to get the password to change).
  • Connect your phone to the camera's WiFi ignoring warnings about their being no internet connection.
  • Open the ConnectedCam app and it should show you as connected.
  • You can test by pressing the button on the camera to take a picture and watch it appear in the app.
Hi I have just had a use C5 Aircross flair 2019 I have an android phone but can not find any where I can change the WiFi password I have tried pressing both buttons for 2 seconds still can not get it to work I have tried the CONNECTEDCAMXXXX WITH THE NUMBERS ON THE APP THANKS
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The password is ConnectedCAMXXXX.
Note the uppercase letters are the initial C and CAM, not all the word. The four xxxx are the numbers shown on your phone's WiFi page in the title of the ConnectedCAM WiFi network.
On the phone WiFi page physically connect to the ConnectedCAM network. If needs be either move away from your home network or disconnect or forget it. Now open the app. Enter the password which is what the camera network is noting the uppercase letters
To be honest don't worry about the change of password it doesn't have an internet connection so no one can piggy back and it's only pictures of your route. If you need to reset it, press both buttons on the camera till it beeps or 5 secs.
valep

Post by valep »

Beanee687 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:34 pm The password is ConnectedCAMXXXX.
Note the uppercase letters are the initial C and CAM, not all the word. The four xxxx are the numbers shown on your phone's WiFi page in the title of the ConnectedCAM WiFi network.
On the phone WiFi page physically connect to the ConnectedCAM network. If needs be either move away from your home network or disconnect or forget it. Now open the app. Enter the password which is what the camera network is noting the uppercase letters
To be honest don't worry about the change of password it doesn't have an internet connection so no one can piggy back and it's only pictures of your route. If you need to reset it, press both buttons on the camera till it beeps or 5 secs.
I was just wondering if the previous owner had changed the password I cannot get my home WiFi out side my house thanks
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

So reset the camera, both buttons till beep 5 secs.
Last edited by Beanee687 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.