Is there a Search function in the Citroen Entertainment system

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

Hi All

In USB mode, one can arrange music by album, singer etc, but I do not seem to see any search area.
Please advise.

thank you,
Benny

Korber

Post by Korber »

Voice commands is a way. (C3 or C5 btw?)
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Spellk

Post by Spellk »

I also can't get the songs in order, they always come out randomly and without an order, even if I put 01 02 03, it starts at 01 and then jumps to 06, then 05. Impossible to carry an order, someone knows why this or what solution do you have ?? thanks
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

Korber wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:21 am Voice commands is a way. (C3 or C5 btw?)
Thank you, I'll try that indeed
Korber

Post by Korber »

Spellk wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:01 pm I also can't get the songs in order, they always come out randomly and without an order, even if I put 01 02 03, it starts at 01 and then jumps to 06, then 05. Impossible to carry an order, someone knows why this or what solution do you have ?? thanks
I think you should have playlist (.m3u) files in the USB and select the preferred playlist from the USB page. Otherwise the firmware creates a random playlist for each folder.
Spellk

Post by Spellk »

I do not understand,sorry
Spellk

Post by Spellk »

example, I have a USB with several folders, the first is Queen and then within that folder several CDs, do you mean that I only put the disks without the Queen name? deleting the first folder and having only subfolder?
Korber

Post by Korber »

The car firmware requires a file which contains the information about the containing folder name and the song list to play them with the correct sequence.
This file is called a playlist file and it has a .m3u extension.
Some times this file already exists in your original folder (from where you copied the songs to the USB) , or you can create it by yourself using various software. You can also edit the .m3u file using notepad.
You include this file in the folder with the songs or copy all the .m3u files to a separate folder and put it in the usb together with the folders containing the song files. From the car menu you select "playlist" (instead of "artist", "album" etc) and choose your playlist.

I know it sounds very complicated if you are not into it, but actually it is not. Maybe there is an other easier way I'm not aware of...
Spellk

Post by Spellk »

Spellk

Post by Spellk »

I passed everything to m3u and now it turns out that the USB does not read me, I already surrender the truth ๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ž