1.5 diesel auto C5 mpg

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
SamovarPete

Post by SamovarPete »

2500 miles since new, a bit disappointed with 45.5 average mpg so far. I am not a heavy footed driver, and no journeys are less than 10 miles.
Is this typical, does it improve as the engine ' beds in', or is this what I should expect long term?

srperry

Post by srperry »

I have the petrol Puretech 130 engine in mine and average 40mpg over 12,500 miles...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Deleted User 348

Post by Deleted User 348 »

Hi
I've done about 20k in mine, same 1.5 diesel auto and get on average 48 - 49 mpg of mixed motoring.
On shorter trips can be down to 43mpg.
It is not as good as Honda Civic diesel I had before which easily achieved on the same trip 58mpg.
But then C5 is a lot bigger car.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I have always had mixed feelings about larger and smaller engines in the same vehicle. I have the 180ps 1.6 petrol and am getting a regular low forties out of it. For the first six odd thousand miles the figure was in the mid to high thirties, it has got a lot better as the miles have been added. It seems from on here that figure I am now getting is very similar to the 130ps petrol engine and wonder why. Is it that because the larger engine has more grunt it requires a lot less effort to get things moving than the smaller engine? I am not an agressive driver but I know I have plently of power for rapid overtaking particularly when going up hill. Having said that my wife has the 1.5 three cylinder Mini Cooper and that is surprisingly quick.
Any comments anyone?
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.