C5 Aircross Flair Plus annoying audible alerts

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Simnco

Post by Simnco »

Hi all. Hoping others have experienced this issue and can offer some help / advice / assistance. I keep getting these annoying alerts / bongs / sounds which I cannot find how to switch off. They happen at the same areas that I am used to driving through where there are some speed cameras. But sometimes these bongs / sounds are triggered and I'm not sure what else triggers it. Under the "Vehicle settings" of the "Safety" menu, I've switched off "Traffic Signs Recognition", and also switched off "Driver's attention warning". I've left the other 3 options on, but I still keep getting these annoying bongs come through (see attachment).

In a review online, I saw an article describing these same symptoms - paragraph 4 of the following link below.

https://www.dieselcar.com/reviews/long- ... tomatic-2/

He says this has to do with speed camera warnings. And as he also says, the volume cannot be controlled and the system making these sounds cannot be turned off, and is sometimes unbearably loud. Is there really no option to disable this feature?

I'm hoping others have experienced this one annoying feature and found a way to turn this off please? Any help would be massively appreciated as these sounds are giving me a migraine :(

Many thanks.

Safety Options.jpg

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

What about if you switch off Recommended Speed display?
Simnco

Post by Simnco »

Thanks for your reply. I tried that also, but all it does is remove the route maximum speed from the display... alerts still persist even with it off so I turned it back on :(
srperry

Post by srperry »

Do you subscribe to Speed Cameras/Safety Zones by any chance? If you do you need to turn off speed camera warnings in the SatNav. Although personally I wouldn't do that, and I don't find the warnings obtrusive at all. I find them just about the right level.

Also, when a 'ping' occurs, there should be an icon pop up in the drivers screen information area below the speedo - for example a traffic light with an enforcement camera at a controlled traffic light system, or a speed camera at a safety camera point (on motorways with variable speed limit cameras) etc.

Hope this helps. Stay safe.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Simnco

Post by Simnco »

SatNav Options.PNG

Thanks srperry for that. I had a look in my SatNav settings and I can only see options to turn off "Filling Station alert" and "Risk areas alert". These were on by default and I've turned them off. I'm not seeing an option to turn off Speed Cam warnings. I got my C5 Flair Plus from the dealership used, so I'm not too sure if it has / had a subscription. Would you mind and be able to attach a picture of your settings screen where you get that option to turn it on / off? Is it within the SatNav menu itself? I've only been able to find this particular menu to turn off these two.

Thank you very much for your help :-)
srperry

Post by srperry »

I'll try but I'm seriously busy working at the moment. But the Risk Areas are I believe the Speed Camera alerts, so if you have now turned them off you should have cured your problem. I won't be able to look at my car until the weekend, but I will then and let you know.

You can check the car's subscriptions by going to the Citroen Store webpage here: https://services-store.citroen.co.uk/. You need to create an account, and enter your Chassis/VIN number; the page is slow to update so you need to be patient but eventually it will inform you of any subscriptions on your car - such as Danger Areas (which is Speed Cameras) and Connected 3D Navigation.

I hope this helps.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Simnco

Post by Simnco »

Thank you for all your help 'srperry'. I'll give all your advice a try and see if my issue is resolved over this weekend. Really really appreciate all your help! Thank you.
srperry

Post by srperry »

No problem. Stay safe.
Simnco

Post by Simnco »

Hey srprerry, I switched off the "Risk areas alert" and the loud alerts have stopped now! The display alerts still pop up which is just perfect for me. If there was a way for me to turn down the volume on the audible alerts then I would have left them on, but the volume is quite sporadic. Sometimes it's at a decent volume level, and then other times it comes on blaring. I tried lowering the audio system volume level but that didn't help. Thanks for your help again, you saved me from pulling my hair out, and the C5 manual doesn't really have anything to help with this type of issue. Thank you very much once again, so much appreciated. Take care and stay safe.
srperry

Post by srperry »

No problem, Simnco, pleased to help.

Look after yourself. Stay safe.