Front headlights and running lights misting inside

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
FELLMASTER

Post by FELLMASTER »

Just bought a late 2018 Aircross in the Uk.

When I drove it home( in the dark) I noticed that the front four lights where badly misted on the inside . Took it straight back today and apparently there is a "known" technical issue with them (at least known to Citroen :| ) It was cold and damp last night but today .although clear,the misting was back again .
Its going into the workshop Monday

Anyone else had this sort of issue ??

srperry

Post by srperry »

It helps if we know which car model this concerns - C3 or C5?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Sadly not unusual with modern cars with plastic headlights. Both of my wife's Mini and Toyota do this sometimes but it does dry out. I have not had it with my C5 Aircross yet, but then again I have updated the bulds to brighter ones and they burn a little hotter so keep the plastic clear.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Cwjr

Post by Cwjr »

When I worked for Honda in the late 90s early 00s there was a known fault on the civic 5dr for the headlights steaming up.think it was the first of the plastic headlights on the civic, The official fix was to drill 8mm holes in the underside of the headlight housing for ventilation. :roll:
Sorry to digress