Touchscreen updates on C3Aircross... what does it update

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Madman

Post by Madman »

Yes, thanks Brad. Tried it yesterday and it is now a very simple procedure to update the car.

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

All you needed to do was put "how to update Citroen touchscreen and the Citroen pages appear

https://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-service ... ion-system
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
JFS Dorset

Post by JFS Dorset »

Updated my C3 Aircross today. Using app. Vehicle touchscreen then send the download link by email. Opened email on pc then click on the link (windows in my case) follow instructions it will format usb and copy files and write to usb. Start car and plug in usb ...follow instructions. Difference I noted is maps screen dims in poor light, screen looks crisper and next direction is on right of screen, was on the left before uodate. 085D.
C3 Aircross 2019 with feel spec in silver and black. Previous car Citroen C5 Petrol VTR
Deleted User 772

Post by Deleted User 772 »

ChrisC3A wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:40 pm As per title... any one know what the update does.
I successfully updated the touchscreen as MyCitroen App suggested and then it advised of a more recent update 🤦🏻‍♂️
Be interesting to know what it actually does.
TIA
1) The firmware (system software) can fix known issues reported and discovered since the previous firmware was written.
2) The firmware can also provide some 'improvements' and I use this term cautiously, as not everyone will think they are (example on one particular firmware update the navigation arrow changed from a red arrow to a grey one - which was pretty annoying to some - especially against a grey background).
3) Firmware can also update specific software on certain other components in the integrated system like the Bluetooth module component. This can help to provide wider compatibility for newer phones released since the existing firmware was written, as newer phones supporting different profiles and features are released much more quickly that a vehicle's software is.
4) Newer firmware is also produced to correct things that got 'broken' in the previous firmware update :lol: So it is an ongoing process.
5) Mapping updates are separate and are specifically confined to providing just that along with updates to the POIs.