C3 Aircross 2019 - Headlights

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Deleted User 830

Post by Deleted User 830 »

I've just had delivery of my new C3 Aircross and I already ordered 2 x H7 Twin packs of the Philips Extreme 130 Halogens as I knew the standard headlamps were very yellow and looked a bit naff.

Having researched a bit I found the best compromise for me was on getting an improved crisper brighter light against lifespan. These purport to provide about 450 Hours life with 130% brighter light. Anything whiter or brighter will reduce lamp life again, so a good compromise IMO.

Tempting as it is, I wouldn't go the LED route due to legalities and insurance declarations etc...

Deleted User 830

... and what a fiasco it was fitting the 2 outer H7 bulbs. They don't have spring clips to hold the bulbs in now - but have some sort of Carlos Fandango clip system - which if you don't line it up right will take forever to fit. Left it overnight as too stressed to figure it out and next morning - managed to figure it out. Much better whiter, crisper light output than the dreary yellow of the standard halogens.
poppypicanto

Post by poppypicanto »

Those H8 bulbs are a real skin slicer. Just cut up my hand trying to get them out. Best option is WD40 contact cleaner for electrical switches......I basically soaked the stuck H8 with cleaner spray then it turned a lot easier. They are on way to tight so need something to soften them up ( for the needed turn)...sorted now.

20210124_145838.jpg

Deleted User 830

Thanks for the heads up - I haven't done the H8s yet.