Trip Computer

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
giles

Post by giles »

Hello All

As with other comments on here, I am a bit disappointed that the trip data is not available on the main colour screen as it was on other Citroen/DS models. It seems much more meaningful to have all trip info in a single screen?

My question here is: I don't seem to have the facility for 2 separate trip settings and I just want to make sure I am not missing something? The manual says: "Depending on your vehicle's equipment, a 2nd trip is available". Mine is a C3 Aircross Flair 110 Manual, I would have thought that I would have had this feature but if I scroll through the screens the trip info I get is: avg speed, consumption and mileage but I don't see any option to access or create a second set of trip data.

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Also - I have to just chuck this in - does anyone have a logical explanation for the "MAX" sign in the circle below the cruise control/limiter display. I have asked quite a few people (including at the dealers) and no-one has managed to give me a reasonably sensible guess yet.

Thanks in advance...

Giles

Chrislo

Post by Chrislo »

Hi Giles,

Welcome to the forum.
I too have moved from a DS3 to the C3 Aircross and overall I'm pleased with my decision, though I'm still getting my head around the Touchscreen facility, I find it a bit distracting, though this may be because I'm of the older generation and not up to date on technology!
I find the ride and seating excellent, this was one of my gripes with the DS3, especially as I have the odd back issue, but going from Diesel to petrol means filling up a lot more often.
I don't think I can be much use on your queries, though there is some reference to the cruise control/limiter question on a you tube video pertaining to a C3; not sure if this is what you are referring to?

Anyway, hope you enjoy your Aircross, this forum has certainly assisted me already.

Regards
Chris
C3 Aircross Flair - Breathing Blue - 130BHP manual
C3 Aircross Flair 130BHP manual - Breathing Blue
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Unfortunately there is only one trip; a bit disappointing as I am use to 2 trips on my C4 Picassos. Interesting you ask about the MAX, it is a question that I have been asking myself, but have never posted about. It certainly never disappears!
sotnas

Post by sotnas »

routemaster1 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:54 pm Unfortunately there is only one trip; a bit disappointing as I am use to 2 trips on my C4 Picassos. Interesting you ask about the MAX, it is a question that I have been asking myself, but have never posted about. It certainly never disappears!
It can be de-activated in the options.
Chrislo wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:30 pm I too have moved from a DS3 to the C3 Aircross and overall I'm pleased with my decision, though I'm still getting my head around the Touchscreen facility, I find it a bit distracting, though this may be because I'm of the older generation and not up to date on technology!

I find the ride and seating excellent, this was one of my gripes with the DS3, especially as I have the odd back issue,
I agree about both your statements. I believe the A/C controls should physical and not touchscreen commands.

I have 2 more vehicles, a BMW 3-Series and a Skoda Octavia Break. The C3 Aircross is absolutely brilliant on long trips to my back. The seats are the basic model and are fine. The suspension, even though I have a diesel version that has a slightly harder suspension setting, gives a nice level of comfort. Both my other cars are very good but not as comfortable as the Citroen, even though they have cost a lot more.
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The trip computer on the MK3 is only single trips. I had the two trip one in my C3 Picasso.
You can get each trip, if you use the MyCitroen App as that records all trips and at the end of the trip, providing your phone's is connected to the car, it will download the trip to the phone.
It gives
Start time
Total time
Distance travelled
Consumption (mpg) for the trip.
Cost.
Average speed
Total miles on odometer.
Shows on map from where to where.

The MAX symbol in the display.
If you are using the speed limiter or the cruise control with the speed limit recognition system and you press the MEMory switch on the cruise/limiter stalk twice, then the display will show the speed limit in the display above the MAX symbol. Hence it's 30 MAX or 50 MAX etc. However the logic fails on national limit roads as there is no 70 recognition. That would be difficult to incorporate as the MAX national limits are all different in countries where the cars are sold. So to me in that case it means the MAX as per national local limit.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars