Touch Screen going to Update

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Mjsr

Post by Mjsr »

I don’t think my car likes the idea of being traded in. Last night the screen went to UPDATE, but nothing happens. It will start up ok but then says “UPDATE, please wait the update will start shortly “ but nothing happens and the only way to reboot is to turn off and lock the car.
Help please as the new car is ordered.

sotnas

Post by sotnas »

I have a slight different problem but I end up with that same message "UPDATE, please wait the update will start shortly".

On a number of occasions, the unit display would restart on it's own in some cases. For example, if I turn the ignition on without starting the car, the display will show Citroen's logo as usual. But after I turn on the engine occasionaly the display would restart which means that the radio would go off, the pairing of the phone also would go for the brief seconds it would take for the logo to show up and to be gone.

Now, today, this happened time after time while I was in traffic. After some 5 ou 6 restarts, that message came up out of nowhere. That meant that I have no access to the A/C controls nor the radio while I'm driving.

Since it still is under warranty, I'll go tomorrow to the dealership.
jay.driscoll

Post by jay.driscoll »

Did anyone find a solution to this?

I have a similar issue but think seems to happen whenever my iphone is connected to the car. Not sure if its when the device is connected via bluetooth or via a cable with carplay. Either way I cant seem to resolve it. Any ideas?
sotnas

Post by sotnas »

jay.driscoll wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:46 pm Did anyone find a solution to this?

I have a similar issue but think seems to happen whenever my iphone is connected to the car. Not sure if its when the device is connected via bluetooth or via a cable with carplay. Either way I cant seem to resolve it. Any ideas?
Initially I suspected of the same. But it happened, the first time, after a storm with lightning, so I can't really set a pattern. It's been some time since the last time it happened.

However, in a facebook group of Citroen fans, this issue was reported in some Peugeot models and also in some C3's.
jay.driscoll

Post by jay.driscoll »

I tried to update the software on my car yesterday but am running the most up to date... and have disconnected the Bluetooth connection with my phone now.... was there any solution mentioned on the Facebook forum? Am going to have to take it back to the dealer if not I can’t go on like this....
sotnas

Post by sotnas »

jay.driscoll wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:35 am I tried to update the software on my car yesterday but am running the most up to date... and have disconnected the Bluetooth connection with my phone now.... was there any solution mentioned on the Facebook forum? Am going to have to take it back to the dealer if not I can’t go on like this....
No, not really.

This weekend it happened again. I started the car and drove on. I put my wife's cellphone to charge via the usb connection and nothing wrong happened. We stopped for a cup of coffee and left the phone connected to the usb port. When we came back I turned the car on and a message appeared about the memory stick being empty or something. Right afterwards the touchscreen turned off and restarted.

We stop for me to go to an ATM machine. I disconnected my wife's phone from the usb port. I came back and the problem went away. So probably it has something to do with usb port.

My car is still under warranty for at least 6 more months. I'll have to make time to go to the dealership.
jay.driscoll

Post by jay.driscoll »

Thanks for responding.... mine is still under warranty for a while yet have booked it in on Tuesday.... will update with what they say :)
stephfin57

Post by stephfin57 »

I have a similar problem. On my C3 I have updated firmware successfully twice in the last week but each time, within a few days, the touch screen continually keeps turning on and off and then I get the message about the already installed firmware update, about to start. This all started just before Christmas.

I'm going to phone my dealer on Monday.
jay.driscoll

Post by jay.driscoll »

Just out of interest are you all using the “mycitroen” app? I’ve uninstalled the app from my phone and since I have done so I am not getting the problem.... it’s due into the dealer tomorrow but am gonna delay a week and see if it happens again without the app on my phone.....
Korber

Post by Korber »

A new firmware update released yesterday. Maybe addresses this problem.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.