Touch Screen going to Update

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
sotnas

Post by sotnas »

jay.driscoll wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:41 pm Just out of interest are you all using the “mycitroen” app? I’ve uninstalled the app from my phone and since I have done so I am not getting the problem.... it’s due into the dealer tomorrow but am gonna delay a week and see if it happens again without the app on my phone.....
I do have MyCitroen app. Last weekend another happening took place. This time the problem was with the iphone and MyCitroen synching.

This is absolutely random!

I've never updated the touschscreen.

jay.driscoll

Post by jay.driscoll »

So I’ve deleted the app from my phone and my touchscreen has been working fine for the past week.... I’ve not been able to update the firmware though... downloaded ok but keeps saying USB key is t compatible with this vehicle
sotnas

Post by sotnas »

jay.driscoll wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:02 pm So I’ve deleted the app from my phone and my touchscreen has been working fine for the past week.... I’ve not been able to update the firmware though... downloaded ok but keeps saying USB key is t compatible with this vehicle
Is it USB 3.0?

I believe it has to be.
StuColP

Post by StuColP »

You need to be sure that the memory stick is formatted to FAT32. High capacity memory sticks are not normally pre-formatted to that standard.
Apologies if I'm telling you something you're already aware of.
diggerpull

Post by diggerpull »

Same problem here ; screen randomly says it's updating, meaning all screen controls are unavailable.
Why would it be updating if it has no internet connection or USB plugged in??
Absolute pain.
Been to Wilmoths (Southampton) for repair twice. They just say "it just needed updating". BS!!!
Within 20 mins of driving away from Wilmoths, screen failed yet again.
Booked in for a third time!!
Love the car, but confidence in car (and Wilmoths) is going downhill fast. How long is this going to go on for??
jay.driscoll

Post by jay.driscoll »

So I deleted the app from my phone and I have not had the problem since. I noticed an update for the app a few weeks back... installed it and used it... within a few days the problem was back. Since deleting the app again it’s working fine. I will wait for another app update and see where that takes me... but I am 99% sure it’s the app that is causing the issue...