Front tyres jumping/knocking

All Citroen Aircross related discussions
Julieread2020

Post by Julieread2020 »

Hi there, see above with my experience - my experience of the Citroen dealer wasn't great tbh, had to push all the time to get work done in warranty through head office. I had a the distinct feeling it was a woman thing. This was Citroen, Arnold Clark Sighthill in Edinburgh. I've heard similar from others who use this dealership.

startv

Post by startv »

Hi guys, just checking did anyone else manage to get this issue fixed at all?

I have emailed Citroen on the email address given in this forum on 1st June but had no reply to date. Does anyone know how long it takes for Citroen UK to respond to emails?
Hiboost

Post by Hiboost »

Weeks…. They need a prod, call them. 0800 093 9393
startv

Post by startv »

Hi guys, just checking on with this issue, does anyone still get affected by it, the ones who had the the works done by Citroen to help fix the issue are you guys still experiencing the same or has your issues now resolved?

Mine has got much worse recently, the jumping now occurs multiple times in one turn where previously was one jump/knocking during a full lock turn.

I did contact Citroen online in June then did a follow-up email in July. As no reply ended up ringing them few days ago, they have asked me to book my vehicle in with my chosen dealer for a diagnosistic and then they shall pay for any repairs if fault/issues found.

My vehicle is a C3 Aircross Falir 2018, warranty has just ran out in end of October but had made Citroen aware of the faults when vehicle was in warranty so they say they will honour that if issuea found. I have made them aware of half a dozen other matters too so let's see what they say my vehicle is in with my local Evanshalshaw dealer tomorrow.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

As has been said - it's not a problem from what others have fed back.

viewtopic.php?p=2967#p2967
4Boys

Post by 4Boys »

Hi.
I spoke about this at the end of last year and start of this year.
Had the same knocking and jumping took the car to Arnold Clark Sighthill who fitted 2 new top struts under warranty.
This DID stop the jumping/knocking but left a creaking noise when turning the steering on full lock.
The creaking did get less annoying as time got on, but returned louder towards the end of this year.
Car back to Arnold Clark who fitted 2 new upgraded top struts ( again under warranty).
Creaking this time only occurred when turning the wheel at the very end of full lock.

This is what I done to cure the creaking ( which is perhaps Arnold Clark should have done ).
Remove both front wheels, pull down rubber under the wings that cover top of struts ( under wings ) spray silicone grease over the whole area, where top of struts are bolted through wing to upper struts.
Move steering wheel back and forward a couple of times.

All the creaking stopped and had not returned, nice quiet car to drive now.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

4Boys wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:50 pm Hi.
I spoke about this at the end of last year and start of this year.
Had the same knocking and jumping took the car to Arnold Clark Sighthill who fitted 2 new top struts under warranty.
This DID stop the jumping/knocking but left a creaking noise when turning the steering on full lock.
The creaking did get less annoying as time got on, but returned louder towards the end of this year.
Car back to Arnold Clark who fitted 2 new upgraded top struts ( again under warranty).
Creaking this time only occurred when turning the wheel at the very end of full lock.

This is what I done to cure the creaking ( which is perhaps Arnold Clark should have done ).
Remove both front wheels, pull down rubber under the wings that cover top of struts ( under wings ) spray silicone grease over the whole area, where top of struts are bolted through wing to upper struts.
Move steering wheel back and forward a couple of times.

All the creaking stopped and had not returned, nice quiet car to drive now.
I have exactly the same issue with our C3. We have had a new top mounting, then two new sets of struts and like you, the creaking is now back worse than ever. Looks like I need to try the silicone spray, which I'll do right now.
Last edited by routemaster1 on Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4Boys

Post by 4Boys »

Hello routemaster 1
Let me know how you got on, as I said worked a treat for me
startv

Post by startv »

Hi guys unfortunately my experience not been great. After mentioning this and few other issues to two separate dealers and after finally chasing up Citroen HQ over phone after two chaser emails from summer they asked me to take my vehicle for a diagnostic check and they would take it from there. Booked in today with local Evans Halshaw dealership who state my wheels and alignment need changing and that "Both strut top bearings noise when steering, req replacing". Citroen HQ have then said none of my items stated would be covered under warranty as they are "wear and tear" matters and I was then about to be left with a £144 diagnostic fee to pay my dealer for their time, I pushed Citroen HQ to at least cover this cost and they gave a getsure of goodwill voucher of £150 to cover this but then dealer made me pay anyways as said Citroen have to pay them the voucher first then they will refund me back?!

Overall left very disheartened by Citroen and the issues that have occurred on my Citroen C3 Aircross for a car that has under 11k mileage the issues have not been expected and also had no real solution from Citroen too. I think I'm likely going to change/sell my vehicle as don't feel the same about my whole Citroen experience.
4Boys

Post by 4Boys »

Hi Startv
Sorry to hear you didn’t get anywhere with the problem.
If your car had the Citroen 3 warranty, you’ll find that the first 2 years are covered by Citroen themselves and the 3 year is covered by the franchise dealer.
No doubt they are saying you’re problem is due to wear and tear even although you’re car has only covered 11000 miles because they will have to cover the cost of time and repairs, not Citroen.
( No doubt someone on this site will correct me if I’m wrong ).
Having said that my own car got a second set of upgraded top struts fitted by Arnold Clark Sighthill, Edinburgh just in to it’s 3 year of warranty.

If you take your car to a small local garage to have NONE CITROEN top struts fitted it should cost around £190 to £250.
It should stop the jumping and knocking ( it did with mine ) but you could end up with your steering creaking on full lock.
To get rid of that you may have to grease the top of the struts under the front wings where it’s bolted through to new upper struts.